So, I've been referring to my last and final sonogram as D-Day, AKA Decision Day. It is on Monday morning. Can weekends really go this slow? I'm obviously itching to get this show on the road, so I'm very excited to see what they'll decide to do. It will be a sonogram with a consult with a perinatologist (a high-risk OB) as to what they suggest we do as far as delivery. Stay tuned for the decision!
I went to my OB yesterday. There has been a little progress as far as dilation and effacing, but things are going great with the baby. Her heart rate is fantastic, she's active...she's just having a little hay-day, happy as a lark in there. When the doctor measured my uterus, she just looked at me, smiled and said, "wow, this baby is taking up every inch! I would say she weighs about nine pounds right now." N-I-N-E pounds? The scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off came to mind immediately, when the principal, Ed Rooney, was saying the number of times Ferris had missed school that year..."NINE TIMES..." -- "NINE POUNDS".... Sigh.
Last night, I felt like she grew another pound, if that's even possible. So, I sign off with this: Monday is our big day. We'll have all the stats and a pretty good idea as to when she's coming. My guess is that we'll be bringing home our little bundle of joy in the next week. We're very excited and can't wait to share the news of D-Day with you soon!
1 comment:
Lili,
This is Gretchen from freshman year at BYU! I just came across your blog and wanted to say "hi" and congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Your little girl is going to be beautiful! I hope that everything goes well. Congrats!
Gretchen
Post a Comment