Dear baby,
Hi, honey. It's your mom. It's time for you to make your entrance. NOW. (Baby: Note the urgency.) A friend wrote me yesterday something very true. She said, "nine months is Heavenly Father's very wise plan. He gets us so fat and ready to be done with pregnancy that by the end, we don't care WHAT it takes to get that baby out" ...I mean, come on, labor is no cake party...and giving birth to a big baby, I'm sure, is really not a cake party. And if anyone has ever shared the nitty-gritty of labor with you, you know what I'm talking about. Baby, don't make me resort to doing things like drinking castor oil and other nasty things. Please, I'm pleading.
Here's the deal. You're a big baby, which is not your fault...but still, it doesn't negate this very blatant fact. Big baby equals huge mamma. Huge mamma equals a serious duck waddle. Huge mamma equals no more clothes to wear. I've officially outgrown all my Sunday attire. I don't want to have to go buy a tent dress for ONE more Sunday. In fact, all I really want to wear is a huge "moo-moo" posing no restrictions to my body movement - I have never wanted to buy a moo-moo, but I'm on my way to the store to buy something ASAP. I've outgrown all my pants - minus two pairs, which are starting to feel very snug. When your mother's full-panel pants are feeling tight and her biggest goal is to get to the store and buy a huge tent to wear, that means it's really time for you to come.
Not to mention that your head is now sitting right on my bladder, which consequently lands your mother in the bathroom nearly every 15 minutes. The doctors keep saying "drink lots of water." But I don't want to because then I can't even leave my house without thinking where I am going to go the bathroom next. Do you understand? Your amniotic fluid cannot be replenished at the rate you are wanting it to. I know you are as happy as a lark in there, just hanging out, sucking all you can from that umbilical chord, kicking your mom in the ribs and your most recent pastime of hitting my sciatic nerve that radiates in my back and more unsightly, my groin. I'm sure you think it's hilarious that while I am walking in public, I have to grab my groin due to sharp pains shooting down the front of my leg from my groin. You're making your mommy look like a crazy woman, baby. That's just about all I can take.
I promise that if you come, you'll love it out here! I have a beautiful little crib for you, I've got lots of cute clothes to dress you in, I'm ready to change your diapers and feed you whenever you want to be fed...and you have very anxious parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins ready and excited to attend to every one of your needs. Now what sounds so bad about that??
I love you baby, but I just might go crazy if you don't come very soon. This level of discomfort is just too much for your dear mommy. I don't want to be told that I look as big as a house/car/horse/cow/giant (fill in with any noun that is described as big) anymore. I'm telling you this because I love you. And I just really want to meet you. Okay, baby?
Love your pleading mother,
Lili
6 comments:
I feel your pain!!! I really hope that baby decides to make an entrance soon too. PS- they just barely turned on the air conditioning at the Envoy TODAY. And someone is trying to get rid of Barbara's dog in 402. They put notes under everyone's door.
Oh my lili, I can't believe I found you. It's been forever since we caught up...how exciting you will be having that little girl soon. I hope you don't mind if I keep up with you thru my blog now that I found you again, I want to be able to check what is going on in your world.
Ashley (Guerra) Nagel -co leader of the "no logs" club BYU 2000...wow it has been a long time :)
Lili! You are incredibly hilarious! I'm still laughing out loud. My boys want me to explain what is so funny. Oh, how I can relate. Good luck! I'm always checking up on you via BLOG!
Lil, it was no easy task finding you. The first couple of attempts were in vain since I didn't know your husbands name or your married name, or at least I wasn't sure. But then I started packing up a couple weeks ago to move and I found your wedding invitation. Then today at work I was in need of a diversion so I just did a web search and after looking into a couple of things I found someone's blog who had a lili and Jason Wright and then when I opened it and saw your picture I almost died I was so happy. I feel like a real detective or something. Anyways, it was a great day because I found you...sorry for the super long explaination but maybe it will be entertaining.
Ashley
You got it JUST right! You put me right back into pregnancy! Mary and I read this together and we were laughing! You're great! I hope that baby gets here soon!
I keep waiting to not have any blog updates from you because it will mean you had your baby! I'm so sad to miss it by just a few days.
I totally feel for you, by the way. I'm trying to stave off the same feelings myself.
Post a Comment