I think I'm in love...
...with a $150 diaper bag. Sigh. So, I feel like I have been very reasonable in a not-so-reasonable baby market. I got my crib for $75, I scoped out and bought the cheapest and most functional dresser I could find, I used my 40% Pottery Barn Kids discount to buy my bedding which ended up being about $22 with the help of a few gift cards and I purchased a very reasonable car seat and umbrella stroller that can be used into toddler-hood. But golly-darn-it, I just can't kick my desire to have a stylish and fantastic diaper bag. Am I vain?
I guess it goes back to the fact that I LOVE purses - in all shapes and sizes. About every six months, I find an itching to buy another one, so I make my way to Ross, Target or TJMaxx to check out the deals. But in no way have I ever spent close to $150 for ANY purse that I own. I think the most expensive one I have ever purchased was close to $40.
As I have been searching the internet for diaper bags, I have been astounded as to how much they cost in general. It also doesn't help that I tend to pick the most expensive one out of the multitudes. Can I help that I have good taste? :-) As I was looking on a web page one day, my eyes landed on The Ju Ju Be "Be Spicy" in Perky Perennials print diaper bag...and I can't seem to get my mind off of it. Here she is, folks...
I did some research to see where Ju Ju Be's were sold here in Tucson, because I wanted to see if I actually liked it - or if I had fallen in love with a picture. Yesterday I got my huge belly into the car and visited Mrs. Tiggy Winkles Toy Shop. Verdict? I loved it. It's a big-daddy purse which, if you know me, is an absolute must. My purses are the size of small countries, therefore my diaper bag must be also. I love the fabric which is clearly made to withstand children and their messes...and then there's the special "mommy pouch" that holds keys, phone, wallet, etc. It comes with a matching changing pad and a few extra accessories like a hard case for wipes, a waterproof bag for clothes that fall victim to the diaper explosions I keep hearing about and much, much more. I'm pretty sure that I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a diaper bag...but man, isn't she pretty? I guess I can dream, right? Until then, I'm on the hunt for a cute, stylish and reasonably priced diaper bag. I love you, perky perennials Ju Ju Be. Maybe one day I can afford you, but until then, I'm going to work on that virtue called patience and sensibility.
6 comments:
You don't want to know how much I spent in my diaper bag :$ JJ almost had a heart attack when he found the receipt haha
Today is the due date but NADA...
Lili, you have a serious talent for writing! I love it! You should be a columnist in a motherhood magazine! CUTE diaper bag! I would love to have a cute one, too, but I just stuck with the freeby from the hospital and used it for Quincy, and for a few months with Katelynn. Ugly. Black. Cheap... It would be fun to have a cute one like the one you found!
Lils! $150- that's great. Totally go for it! I have my baby bag picked out too and mine is like $325! It's Petunia Pickle Bottom- the Cake collection in Raspberry. I know I am a looser! Hope you are doing well. Talk to you later!
Love the bag -- and the extras sound fabulous. If you splurge, I'm sure you'll love it. Plus, you've been so thrifty so far. Glad that Baby Bargains was so useful. BTW, if you haven't already got one, I love my nursing cover from bebeaulait.com. Much much better than a blanket or shawl. It's an essential that I didn't know was essential. Keep us updated -- we're so excited for you. There's nothing better than a brand new baby girl, as we've so recently learned.
lili,
go out and buy that diaper bag right now!
do it. you deserve it.
and will use it more than you know, it is worth $150 because you will be lugging that thing everywhere, so you might as well love it.
i might have a crush on that bag too. too bad i am done having kids.
now, go get it. hurry!
No one has better bags than you. I try to compete sometimes, but we both know it's hopeless.
Post a Comment