Thursday, May 22, 2008

BABY UPDATE

With essentially two more weeks to go to my due date, I'm starting to feel like a ticking time bomb.  When is she going to come??  As a first-time mom, I'm hoping that I will be able to tell the difference between false and real labor and that I will make it to the hospital on time when it all comes to a climax!  

Today I had my weekly visit with my OB.  In one week, I went from one centimeter dilated to two centimeters dilated...and it appears that my cervix is thinning out.  YAY!  Progress!  I'm also "lightening" which is when the baby starts making her way down...which has done wonders in my ability to breath, but considerably cut down on my bladder's capacity.  Needless to say, it has gone from the size of a peanut to a size of a grain of rice.  I can also feel more pressure in my pelvis and have officially adopted the duck waddle.  Ain't that dainty and beautiful?  There's nothing more that i wanted but a sweet duck waddle walk.  My dreams are complete!  In any case, the baby's head is sitting right in position and the doctor said she could feel her head.  Say what?  She can feel her head?  Crazy.

The past couple of days, I have been having some serious Braxton-Hicks and last night, I woke up a few times to my uterus cramping -- very uncomfortable!  Obviously nothing to worry about yet, but Lady Wright is definitely on her way down and out...ticking time bomb, indeed!

I go twice a week now for non-stress tests to measure her heart rate and movement.  Every time the doctor sees her printouts, she says "what a beautiful baby!"  Her size has become quite a joke between the two of us these days.  The other day, I told my OB that I had bought a crib and she responded, "Is it a giant crib?  I hope you didn't buy a bassinet, because she's already outgrown that!"  Haha!  So funny.  Of course, she's kidding - our baby will fit in a bassinet.  However, all joking aside, I'm starting to freak out that I'm going to have to attempt to push out a ten pound baby!  I'm scared that she's going to come out walking and talking.  :-)

So there you have it.  I go for a sonogram in about nine days and we'll see where we stand.  If she's an official BERTHA, we are going to have to make some plans to get her out ASAP.   Hopefully she'll come before then!!  


2 comments:

Camille said...

Lili! I'm so excited for you! All these concerns of yours sound all too familiar! It gets exciting thinking about what she's going to look like! Keep us up-to-date for sure. Can't wait to hear how everything goes, and what you name her!

LouandAngela said...

WOW! You are getting so close! I can't wait to see the beautiful baby! I love what your doctor says about the baby every time a printout is done! Keep us posted! We're excited for you!