Monday, May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MAMMASITA!!!!!!

I just wanted to take a few minutes and express my love and appreciation for my mom.  My mom is a total rockstar and I don't know what I would do without her in my life.  Throughout the years, she has fought tooth and nail for me, she's given me all her love, she's always stood up for me, she's always encouraged me, she always made me feel like I could do ANYTHING, and most importantly, she's always been there for me - no matter what.  I think back at all the times that she had legitimate reasons to kill me, because I was the biggest devil child!  Like the time when she was pregnant in addition to having a broken leg with a cast up to her knee, I found it hilarious that she couldn't get around without her crutches...so, I would take them and hide them.  HIDE them, folks.  Then I would laugh at her as she would army crawl on the floor trying to pin me down so that she could get me to give her crutches back.  Seriously?  I should be dead.  And then there's the times when I would color with permanent marker all over her freshly painted walls, or the times when I'd use nail polish (after many request to NOT do this) on my mom's furniture - obviously ending badly when it actually did spill on her nice furniture.  In any case, she's been through a lot with me, and I'm grateful that she found it in her heart to allow me to live.  :-)

I think of her raising five rambunctious kids, trying to keep her sanity and a clean home.  She always did such a great job and never gets the credit she certainly deserves.  Still today, she's always trying to make our lives better by helping us.  I count on her advice so much and I know that as I welcome a little girl into this world, she'll be the first person I go to for advice on what to do with her.  I'm sure I'm in for a devil child sometime soon - as this is only fair to have a child just like me!

Without my mom, my home would not be furnished.  Without my mom, I wouldn't have anything to wear during my pregnancy.  Without my mom, I would still be trying to pack up my things in Washington, DC...and without my mom, I would not be alive.  She's my saving grace, she's spent so many hours by my side, whether it be when I was nearly dead in the hospital or just wanting to hang out and talk.  

All in all, I have the best mom ever.  She means everything to me and I'm so grateful that she's my mom.  Thanks, mom, for filling my life full of life and spunk and for helping me become the person I am today.  I love you more than words can say...and I just want you to know that I am the most blessed person to have you as my mom.  I LOVE YOU!

Now, here's are some fun shots of my mom...
She braved snowmobiling in freezing cold weather at Hebgen...what a trooper!
Mom came out to help us move and for Jason's graduation - here we are in Annapolis.
This was taken near Thomas Jefferson's home at an old pub.  It was fun to visit Montecello!
AHH, like mother, like daughter!  Isn't she cute, ladies and gents?
Here's Paula's glamour shot, deep in thought and enjoying the scenery. Annapolis, MD.

2 comments:

LouandAngela said...

You little STINKER! :) I didn't know you had tortured your mother so much! :) Thanks for sharing! It was fun to hear about the many reasons your mother is GREAT!!

I love the pictures, especially the one of the two of you close up! You're both so darling!

katrina berg said...

Lilian, this is Jason's friend Katrina :). Just found your blog and read about your prego episode...soo sorry. I believe we're due the same day. (the 10th?) :) Hang in there and best wishes for all three of you!