An 'Ode to the N-E-L-S-O-N-S!
Tonight, Jason and I were talking about how much we missed Rachel and Todd Nelson, so I've decided to blog an ode to the Nelsons. One of our first weeks in Washington, DC, I met Rachel in Relief Society and knew right then that we'd be fast friends. We were essentially living parallel lives at the time - we had just gotten married five days apart from each other, both Todd and Jason were in medical school, we were all die-hard BYU grads (Go COUGS!), Rachel and I both shared a dislike for working full-time, we both loved to bargain shop and much more.
I guess you could say that we instantly had "chemistry." Rachel called me after we hung out for the first time and said something to the effect of "we had a really great time, we'd love to go on a second date." As a newly married couple, this statement couldn't be more true! Now you have to find couples (mixing in two more personalities) where everyone gets along. After a few months, we persuaded them to move into the Envoy, we became neighbors and the rest is history. The Nelsons are awesome and we couldn't ask for better friends! So, tonight, I'd like to give a little shout out to our best friends - Rachel and Todd Nelsons (which i affectionately named the "Todds") and their ever-so-darling Audrey. Congrats on making a REALLY cute baby, on graduating medical school, on matching in an awesome program and on becoming homeowners! You guys are such adults. No fair.
Here are some fun pictures of past memories!
National Mall on a Sunday...it snowed, church got cancelled and we decided to go enjoy it!
The night the Todds picked us up from the airport and we won Kelly Clarkson tickets on the radio!!
One of the many times we spent at Screen on the Green in Washington, DC. It was mighty hot and humid on those August nights!
Halloween - Todd the hunter...Rachel the hunted.
Rach, Audrey and me at the Pancake House in April 2008!
No comments:
Post a Comment