Friday, March 26, 2010

Denial: Toddler Style

This video was taken after a trip to the zoo the other day. Is there anything better than some serious toddler denial? I don't think so. I love how after we ask her if she's tired she shakes her head and basically falls asleep again instantly. Yeah, you're not fooling anyone, kid!


I love sleep in every way, shape or form. All I want to do is sleep in every morning. All she wants to do is wake up super early. Every. Morning. She will never admit that she is tired. I admit daily that I'm tired. I want to sleep. She wants to play, play and play. I wish my mom would force me to take naps during the day. Why do kids fight it so?

I guess there's gotta be balance in the universe, right?

Hope you have a great weekend! And get yourself some good sleep!

7 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Ahhhhh sleep!! I love it too. I was sooooo lucky with shay. She would sleep in until 10am when she was little. Now she usually wakes up when Cache does. I shouldn't compain because I dont have a 6am baby, but still I love to sleep in.

llcall said...

It is one of the great tragedies of life how we avoid sleep when we're young and then can never get enough when we're older. But she's real cute in denial at least :)

Kali said...

Haha that is great.

Kathy said...

You guys are just too fun. My kids were always happy to nap/go to bed - there was nothing else going on to keep them up. There's a Growing Pains episode, where the little girl - who like grew 3 years in one year - she doesn't want to go to bed because she thinks everyone's having fun without her when she does. And it just so happens one night, that she does wake up and there is all kinds of chaos going on - a pony and clowns or something like that. I'm sure Lois thinks that's what she's missing.

Bridget said...

That is JUST like Miriam. She is still like that. These kids must think sleep is bad for them. IT'S NOT.

Kat Clark said...

So hillarious!

Becky said...

Yeah for a video!!!! Loved seeing Lois and hearing your voices! So cute!

Marley has her moments, but over all she's a pretty good sleeper...we got lucky. We love watching her bob and fight sleep while eating dinner, on particularly tiring days. SO FUNNY! If she has any food on her chin she curls her bottom lip down over and over while her eyes roll back into her head. So hilarious!