I'd like to start this blog post with two thoughts.
1. Life is good.
2. I believe there are no coincidences when it comes to our lives' missions here on this earth.
As for thought number one: Yesterday, life got a little sweeter. Jason accepted a spot to train in Radiology and we're absolutely delighted!! And this is one proud wife! Jason has worked hard and he deserves this. Indeed, life is good.
And now for thought number two: Nearing towards the end of medical school, after much pondering and praying, Jason decided he wanted to train in Radiology. So we went for it. However, life had other plans for us and we ended up not matching in a radiology program. Like a whirlwind, life brought us to Tucson - a place that wasn't even on our radar screen - and Jason was able to fill an internal medicine internship spot. It was devastating news to learn that we had not matched, but we felt grateful for this one-year opportunity in Tucson. Seeing that it was only a year commitment, it naturally begged the question, what next? We thought and prayed about it and felt right about continuing his training in internal medicine. The day he went to speak to the program director about staying on for years two and three, someone had just barely dropped out of the program, leaving a spot to be filled. Coincidence? I think not.
Next, through a somewhat random and coincidental (or was it?) Georgetown/UofA connection, Jason was able to link into some great research opportunities and did those on the side throughout his internal medicine training. While doing this, he was able to forge some wonderful working relationships with many radiologists here in Tucson. While he has loved his IM training, the question as to what came next was often discussed. Do we try for Radiology again? Do we finish up in June and pursue a job as an internist? Radiology always felt like the right fit, so we decided to apply again and let the chips fall where they may. Jason went through all the application process over again (which is costly and well, kind of stinks!) but it felt right and that's what was important to us. We've always had faith that the Lord would send us wherever He wanted us.
And Tucson is where he wants us.
Without going into all the crazy details, being able to fill a spot starting in July is a huge blessing. First, people rarely drop out of Radiology programs. Second, it is uncommon for someone to be eligible to immediately fill a spot.
Coincidence? I think not.
Life here on earth is interesting. It may often seem confusing, random, hard and nonsensical, but when you look back, your life is a beautifully orchestrated piece of artwork...thought out by a loving Heavenly Father who loves us and guides our lives in ways we didn't know possible.
So, I guess my points are:
1. I'm really proud of my husband. He's so awesome! And I love him.
2. I believe coincidences are little glimpses of divine intervention in our lives.
3. Never underestimate the power of trials in our lives. When life gets hard, be patient! Sweet things are often around the corner.
4. We're excited to be staying in Tucson!
5. We are so very blessed. This life keeps on rollin', rollin', rollin'...
Any good news in your lives? Please share!
12 comments:
We are so happy for you guys!
Congrats to you and Jason. I totally agree about how well-orchestrated life always is...when you're looking back!!! :)
Congrats Lili. That is so exciting. Give Jason a congrats for me.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Todd's going to die when he hears this news. SO AWESOME> Congratulations, dearest friends. We love you!
I am so happy for you guys. It is wonderful when life works out the way you hoped and it is great to have a good attitude when life doesn't turn out like you hoped.
AAAAAHHHHHGGGGGG! HOORAY! I am so thrilled by that news. I can't believe you're staying in Tucson and that Jason is starting this summer. What a rare and wonderful blessing! I know Rio Cancion probably won't be in your future too much longer but promise that even when it's not we'll still get to hang out and babysit Lois sometimes. We love you guys!
HALLELUJAH! Calling tomorrow to get alllll the details. Woot! Woot! For Jason!
Yeah! Birch told me that they announced Jason's residency at their meeting last week. He'll be great at whatever he does, what a guy!
All I have to say is AMEN. Every trial I have had, or our family has had, has been a blessing in disguise. I am so excited for you guys to start your next journey! Good luck to you- and congrats Jason! Hope you all are doing well!
I don't know how I missed this post but, I'm glad I was looking down on my list to see if I had missed any!
Great news! Congratulations! And I really needed to hear all of that and have my faith renewed. Nathan is "feeling around" for jobs since he graduates in May and I'm so nervous about 1. finding a job in a timely manner and 2. where we'll end up. I guess the hardest thing in life is "not knowing" but, if we have faith and do all we can blessings will come.
Excellent news!! Congrats to the whole family.
Wow, big congrats to you guys! It's such a long road, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I guess!
Post a Comment