Friday, January 15, 2010

Because I Like Her

Today, I'm posting a few recent pictures of our darling little lady. She's the best.

Lois adores her blanket. When she's tired, she grabs her blanket, quickly finds one of the corners and rubs the tip of it on the top of her lip - while sucking on her binky! She's so talented! It's pretty cute, though. Here she is doing it. The best is when I see her rubbing that little corner on the faces of her baby dolls, her little toy dogs or other animals while saying, "nigh, nigh." It totally melts my heart. Wouldn't it melt yours? Seriously.

She's loving the ability to feed herself more and more. Ms. Independent!

She's officially cut and grown in all of her eye teeth. Hallelujah! While Lois is usually a pretty serious little gal, she also has her total smiley moments like this one. I'm glad I caught it on camera.

Lois hasn't met a box that she hasn't liked - until this one. I think she underestimated the size of the box or is unaware of how "grown up" she is because she got stuck. And naturally, I grabbed my camera. Ooooo - she was so angry! Look at that crusty!

We bought her these "cool dude" glasses. Every time she puts them on, we say, "cool dude!" And she loves it. I think it freaks her out a little when her world goes dark. She left them on long enough for me to take this picture. That's about it. Maybe her threshold for "darkness" will increase as time goes on.

Lois is a climber. She loves to climb onto or into our chairs, couches, tables (if I let her) and has now mastered getting onto our bed. She especially loves it when the climb results in a light switch that she can turn on and off over and over and over again. Ahh, the joys of toddlerhood.

Have a great Friday! We're loving our 70 degree weather here. How is every one else fairing?

4 comments:

Bridget said...

We're a balmy 35 up here in Ithaca.

Magdalena and Lois would be such buds. She does the blanket thing, too, but usually with as many blankets as she can grab in her fat little fists.

Becky said...

Lincoln is 30 but sunny, so that's cool.

Lois is so darling! Cute that she comforts her dolls and animals the same way she sooths herself...so thoughtful!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

San Jose is expecting a high of 61 today - but lots of rain is on the way - yay!

When I type in my zip code for the weather Yahoo asks "San Jose, CA" or "Ermont, Ile-de-France"

I'm going to do a search on that place.

Lois is so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures.