Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy One-week Birthday, Lois!

It's an interesting phenomenon...while we can't believe that a week has flown by since we have brought little Lois into the world, it has also felt like we've never lived life without her!  It's crazy how much a new little life can change life so much - but we're loving it.  Jason definitely deserves the rock star daddy and husband of the century award.  He's so great with Lois --he changes her diapers, gets up in the middle of the night with her, feeds her, reads to her and plays with her all the time!  He does that AND then goes to work the next day.  Way to go, Daddy Jason!  I'm still recovering from the delivery and working on the ever-so-challenging nursing battle.  We're hoping to be successful sooner than later.  However, seeing that she eats about twice the amount that I can produce, we are having to supplement her meals with formula anyway.   She's lost some weight, (born at 10 lbs, 8 oz and now weighs 9 lbs, 12 oz), so the pediatrician said to feed her as much as she wants and that he wants to see her back to her birth weight at our next visit.  So, that's what we're doing...feeding, feeding, feeding!  Enjoy some pictures of Lois on her one-week birthday!

She's such a sweet baby and is very expressive with her hands and arms


She's always looking around, especially when you're holding her close.  She likes to study your face.


Here's a sweet shot of all her crazy hair!  Mom's already jealous of her hair.


Cute feet!  Sorry they are out of focus, but they are adorable.


I mean, come on.  She's so cute!!!!


On our trip to Phoenix to take Uncle Preston to the airport.  What a good traveler!


We think Lois looks a lot like her daddy...minus the beard.  :-)


Look at the size of that mouth!  BIG yawn.  She also gets the hiccups ALL the time and sneezes A LOT.  We try to hold her hands/arms in anticipation, but she usually ends up hitting herself in the face when she sneezes.  




Her cute profile.  She's so beautiful if I do say so myself.  And no, I'm not biased at all.

3 comments:

Camille said...

I love this post! You two are the cutest parents! There is nothing like this time of life, when you have your first baby! I wished I could freeze that first few weeks forever! She IS beautiful! Congratulations!

The Ensign's said...

I love the pics. Love the one of her yawning. Sooooo cute.

Lacey said...

oh my gosh lil's she is so adorable! seriously so stinkin cute!