...to report six things about myself that are random and possibly unknown to many. So here it goes.
1. I absolutely DESPISE grocery shopping, but at the same time I hate having an empty fridge and empty cupboards.
2. I used to be able to ice skate really well - in fact, I took lessons from a former competitive ice skater in the fourth grade and could do twirls, skate backwards and the like. Today, it is as if I had never learned the skill at all.
3. I have no gall bladder and don't have real lenses in my eyes. That's right folks, I have implants...lens implants, that is.
4. I've seen the movie While You Were Sleeping over 60 times and can pretty much quote the entire movie.
5. I H-A-T-E snakes. Should I happen to run into one, I will run it and possibly you over to get as far away from it as possible. I'm a little worried now that I have a child as I might just leave her to the snakes!
6. I broke my collar bone at girls camp when I was 12 years old - ironically, I did it doing the "trust fall." After a long talk about "trust" from our leader, I fell back, the girls backed away (seriously, they all backed away and not one hand touched my body) and I hit the ground snapping my collar bone right in half. So much for teaching trust, eh? It scarred me pretty badly - I've never been able to fully trust anyone since then...ha ha, just kidding! Let's just say this will not be the way I teach Lois to trust. :-)
I tag Rach, Ho-day and Kelzers.
3 comments:
Good. I was wondering when you would catch on that I tagged you. Interesting randoms. Not sure I'm clear on the collar bone thing. Doesn't really seem like a trait of Girl's camp. Were they supposed to dangle trust in front of you and then rip it away...so you learn some sort of freaky lesson? Odd. A fun read.
I remember hearing about the "trust" fall. That was horrible! Funny that you are so scared of snakes! We used to catch them in our yard and play with them. I'm not sure I would do that now, though. I was lots braver as a kid!
OH the trust fall. The same thing happened to one of our past Stake Young Women presidents - at Girl's Camp no less. I don't think she broke anything, but messed some stuff up for awhile. She is a very tall woman, not "big," but was a group of first years who were supposed to catch her. They tried! But the head/torso end of her got dropped! They were mortified. I'm not sure they do that at our camp anymore. Claire is at camp right now! Well, on her way home today. Was fun to learn those 6 things about you.
Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment