Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The GREAT Unload

WARNING: Do not watch if you are grossed out by baby bodily functions and/or having anything to do with poop. I apologize now for posting this, but I just had to do it. I'm sure there are some people that might enjoy this - including family and some select friends!

So, Lois has had us a little worried lately. She went from going number 2 daily to going every other day to going well...not really going. Yesterday afternoon was day five since her last number 2 and we were really getting worried. She had been grunting especially hard for the past few days, so we thought that it might be coming soon. In any case, we were definitely expecting some sort of action that morning because she was REALLY turning her face red with grunts (note the towel that Jason has on his lap) and this is what we ended up with. It definitely filled her diaper and then some. Up her back, up her front and everywhere in between. Good times. Hopefully this doesn't become a habit. I'm not sure if I want to deal with a blow out EVERY time she does her business!


4 comments:

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

I hope you'll share this at her wedding :)

I've heard from every new parent that they're amazed at how common a poop discussion is during the first year of his/her child's life. SO, I'm sure that you have many more to look forward to, and I hope you document those too! :)

xo

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

You know it is true love when you are proud of the poop. The bigger the better, thats what I say. Good work!

Katie said...

I'm not sure if the pediatrician has told you this or not, but apparently for newborns, going 8 times a day or only once in 8 days is totally normal. Anything goes (as long as they aren't straining too much). I still remember the first time Cora didn't go for 8 days and we were freaking out. Once I found out it was normal...I LOVED it! She really only went about once/week for a couple of months. Enjoy it while you can because once she starts on solids or formula...it's nasty! :)

Mrs. Misses said...

Ah, the joys of poo. Starting now, it will be a permanent part of your life - the good, the bad and the stinky (haha - from a friend's blog). Thanks for sharing. I remember those days of little poop.....yes, it gets bigger and stinkier.