Sunday, March 04, 2012

Octoberfest

October!  We love October in our house!  
Why?  
Birthdays.
Halloween.
Pumpkins!
Baking and decorating lots of goodies.

We like it around here, yes we do! 

To start off my recap of our October 2011, here's some pictures to document our first trip to the pumpkin patches of Marana!

It was like 90 degrees that day.  Whoa, it was hot in that blazing sun.  Gotta love Arizona!  

A rare occasion - a family photo!  Too bad for the belly shot.  Oops.

Oh, man.  Little spunky.

Here we are heading out to the pumpkin fields to select our very own pumpkin!  Lois is beaming with excitement...I mean...errr..

Okay.  There's the excitement!  I told you it was hot, right?  
And I was totally awesome matching my purse to the pumpkins.  I'm cool.

I think Simon was super lethargic because he was so hot.  Mr. Deadpan at his finest.

And here we are all red-faced and happy!  
We also watched the baby pigs race.  Due to the temperatures and crowds, we decided to decline all the extra fun activities that day, but I think it was hit, nonetheless!

Now some pictures from Halloween.

This is our ward's Halloween party and the costumes did not disappoint.

This cute family dressed up as Toy Story characters...you'll see a pic of the mom below.  But that little miss was Mrs. Potato Head.  So cute!  (And that's Simon's future wife, just so you know. He's only 4 days older than her.  We've got it all planned out.  I hope they're okay with it.)

Jason pulled off a fantastic last-minute Jack Sparrow.  Nice make-up job, babe!  Simon was a little scared of him.  I'm not going to lie.  So was I.

I pulled together some lameness of a costume, but it got the job done.  And Simon outgrew his costume  (a cute lobster costume to go with the mermaid!) by the time it was time to wear it, so he's sportin' a black outfit to fit in with his parents.
And sadly, Lois was sick that night with a fever, so she stayed home with grammasita!  (she was here the whole month!  It was the best.) 

Cute friends of mine...

And there's "Jesse"!  Love these ladies.

And here's Lois posing next to Herbert, our scarecrow.    Isn't she the cutest - and isn't he the ugliest?  He gave us a fright every time we opened our front door.

Lois was a mermaid, of course.  She's obsessed with them.  
And she was totally diggin' that make-up.
And yes.  It was warm enough that Lois didn't have to wear a jacket.  So awesome!

The night went as such: trick-or-treating to about 20 houses and that's a wrap!  

Happy (very, oh-so-very belated) Halloween!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

so cute - love all the costumes and fun faces. Also love your purse!!

Eevi said...

I love Lois' costume.