We spent New Year's Eve and that following week with my family.
We ate lots of delicious food.
We played ping pong.
We watched movies.
We played with cousins.
We went on Rhino rides.
We laughed.
We all got a horrible, but quick flu. Not so fun.
We played games.
We shopped.
It was all good times!
My beautiful mama - what would we all do without her? She's the best.
This was the hub - the kitchen. There was always something good to eat.
On New Year's Eve, we had our sibling gift swap. Here are some pics from the night.
Preston got some golf bracelets from Raleigh.
Jason gave Mack a RC remote control helicopter.
Kels got some bracelets from Tandi
Jordan got some golf gear from Mack.
Jordan gave Raleigh a golf bag.
(Can you see a recurring theme with the Smith boys?!? Obsessed with the game of golf. No, I'm serious. They're OBSESSED.)
I bought Tandi a watch.
And Preston bought Jason a sweet messenger bag. I can't find the pic right now. Kels got me a darling shirt and some perfume from a boutique called Soel.
And grandma supplied the chitlins with some awesome matching jammies! (Too bad we didn't get Simon and James in the picture...they had the same ones, too.)
This is quite possibly one of the best photos ever. Lois is cheesin' it up and Stella is laughing at Phoebe, who is totally diggin' for some not-so-delicious gold. Priceless.
There's nothing like a cousin party and watching a movie in sleeping bags.
Kelly was the keeper of the stairs. Thankfully, the next time we go to Utah, Simon will be a pro at going up and down those suckers. At that point, he was just able to go up, so it was a little unnerving. I had to watch him like a hawk!
Smiley James
Raleigh and Graeme
This kid looks just like Stella when she was a baby. Look at those delicious cheeks!
Climbing and happy.
Chubby-licious.
My cute dad and Loey - I love this picture.
Rals and Tandi
Phoebe, Mack and his friend Lauren
Preston playing it cool with the two little ladies
Jord and Kelly
What a cute little man!
Graeme and Raleigh
My man and my boy
AH! That smile!
The kids had a blast watching Mack fly the helicopter. James was especially enthralled/terrified of that thing!
This picture definitely doesn't do this tree justice. I think it was about 16 feet tall and a gorgeous Noble. It was so tall that it had to be put in the foyer! I wish you all could have seen it in person. I love tall and non-bushy Christmas trees. They are so elegant.
And that's our Christmas 2011. We drove home with Jason around the 13th, I think. It was a nice, long visit and we had so much fun spending time with our families. Thanks to all for the memories!
And a little note about that awful flu: It started with poor Jill (Jason's cousin). Then Jason's dad got it. Then Nate. Then Jason and Simon. Then Lois. Then me. Then my entire family (except Tandi, my mom and Jason's mom, I think...) got it over the next few weeks. I think that nasty little bug left only a few unscathed in all of Utah. It was quick moving (like 24-36 hours) and super strong. My dad hadn't thrown up since he was eight. Anyway, that was not cool.
*I'd also like to note that Jason and I have considered adopting a three-year-old playmate for Lois. The best part about the week was that Lois was so happy and content. Like all the time. She barely even whine/cried/talked back, etc. She, Stella and Phoebe were inseparable, played well together and were pretty much just doing their thing. It was an absolute dream. It's so nice to have cousins for your little ones, isn't it? They'll be the best of friends their entire lives. I'm so happy that my kids have cousins close in age. It's will always provide great memories at family gatherings and vacations. Three cheers for cousins!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment