Life is good.
Why? Because I get to wake up to this face everyday.
I'm the luckiest mom in the whole world.
and
I have the most amazing husband ever.
I'm the luckiest wife in the whole world.
And some random thoughts for the day...
1. I'm a disgruntled American. Another stimulus package and now the newspapers are asking for a bailout? If I remember correctly, none of this has proved to be effective. Come on, folks. And...I feel like I'm the only one in the world that isn't ecstatic that Obama is now our president or enamored by all his fluffy speech. He doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy (or inspired, I might add) inside like I'm reading and hearing everywhere I turn. Sigh.
2. How much easier is life once your kid can sit up on her own? Seriously, this has changed my life. Thank you, sit-up gods for making grocery shopping that much less painful.
3. Where's Al Gore and all his Global Warming posse these days with all these arctic ice blasts hitting the country? Seems they've been very quiet lately. I wonder why?!? Because all that stuff Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize (good grief) for is a total farce! It's what we call cyclical climate patterns that repeat through the centuries. I'm all about taking care of our earth, but come on... ***I heard that Al Gore was supposed to testify on the Hill about global warming a few days ago, but ironically got grounded for days in NYC because of severe ice storms. Hi-larious. Now that's some good irony, eh?
4. I love sunshine and the warmth. Anyone who says they'd rather be holed up for months because of cold weather (which you can't really go out in) as opposed to hot weather (which you can go out in) are crazy! I will thankfully take three months of 100 degree weather (and nine months of glorious) over -20 degree freezing-cold weather any day. Any opposition? Let's hear it. In the meantime, I'm enjoying sunny, clear skies at a nice temperature between 65-72 degrees. I'm in heaven.
5. I got a tetanus shot on Monday and my arm is killing me. I have this huge lump around the injection site (which my doctor husband says isn't serious.) I haven't been able to sleep on my right side for two days now because it hurts so badly! Bottom line? I'm glad I don't have to get another one of those for ten more years.
6. Speaking of sleep...I've apparently contracted insomnia the last couple of nights. Is it just inherent that once you're a mother, you can't sleep as well? Monday night, I couldn't fall asleep until around 10:30, then woke up at 1am and basically couldn't fall asleep for the rest of the night. I ended up on the couch (after much tossing and turning) to watch some TV, switching between Food Network and the Fashion Police on E! channel. I finally fell asleep around 4:30am and was soon woken up by Lois at 5:45. Jason was kind enough to get up with her, but that's all she wrote. No sleepy for Lili - I couldn't fall back asleep. I still wake up every night between one and three in the morning, I'm sure a lasting result from the hardcore mother training I went though in the first few months of Lois' birth. Even though Lois sleeps through the night, I'm still waking up. I guess my body is still on Lois time...from like three months ago.
7. Why is it that when I actually have a sleeping baby and time to get ready in the morning I don't want to? When I put her down for a morning nap, I just want to vegetate, sleep, eat breakfast, blog, write emails...anything but get ready. Why is that? Then I hear that little squeal that Lois is awake and the first thing that comes to my mind is, CRAP. Needless to say, this means I usually don't get ready until about noon. Same goes for sleep. If I'm SO tired in the morning, she'll go down for her morning nap and I'll take some time (like 15 minutes) to watch some morning news, check my email, etc. As soon as I get nestled back into my bed, Lois wakes up. And it always happens on the days when I am most tired. Does she has a little devil baby sitting on her shoulder waking her up at the perfect time to push pure exhaustion onto her mother? I wonder...
8. I came down with one nasty sinus infection starting Wednesday night of last week. Thursday it hit me really hard and Friday and Saturday were PURE misery. Jason was at the hospital overnight from Friday to Saturday (of course those days being the worst of my sickness...) so I was left to take care of Lois and myself - all by myself. I learned firsthand how hard that is and also gained about a million times more respect for my dear mother doing that with FIVE kids. At one point on Friday I put Lois on the ground with some toys to play with while I was laying on the couch (she was right in front of me). Consequently, I fell asleep for probably 30 minutes and woke up to Lois with a mouthful of paper. She had pulled a file folder out from the lower shelf of our coffee table and was tearing through it like a mad woman. She was pretty upset when I emptied her mouth of the paper and she found that her unbridled freedom was cut short. All in all, Lois is the best baby and was very low maintenance so I am grateful for that. I'm all better now but I don't want to go through that again for a long, long time.
9. And the best for last? Lois is about to turn eight months old on February 5th. Today, January 27th, Lois cut her FIRST TWO TEETH! No crawling or anything even close to it (which I'm kind of grateful for) but she's growing up so fast. As soon as I can actually get a shot of the pearly whites, I'll post pictures! (How long does it take the teeth to grow up once they have broken through the gums?) I'm glad all that chewing, biting and slobbering wasn't for nothin'!
'Nuf said.
Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day!
14 comments:
ahhhhhhhhh...so dang cute!!! she has a great mix of the both of you!!!! huggies girl!!! miss ya!
She is beautiful!!!! And by-the-way living here in MD makes me feel like I am the only one in the world who isn't happy Obama is in office, thanks for the support on this. He is worshipped and it is scary!!! I agree 100 percent with you on everything you posted today, I don't have the desire to get ready, I have the same questions about global warming, and boy it is hard to be sick and be the mom (you can't take a sick day). I am glad you are feeling better!
Hey, I decided to check your blog today and I'm so glad I did. I can relate to everything you said--well, maybe not the sitting up and teething part but eventually we'll be there. Motherhood is absolutely wonderful, but the sleep deprivation makes everything (even simple stuff like taking a shower) SO hard! And I've been having the exact same problem--when I finally get a chance to sleep I can't, and then when I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open the little man decides not to nap for hours! Ok, sorry for the long comment but I just wanted to thank you for perfectly expressing exactly what's in my head. And just looking at that beautiful, happy little girl it's pretty obvious that you're one amazing mom!
Lili, I just love you! You write your feelings so well, and often, they reflect my own! You're not alone on this Obama thing. I'm surprised every time I meet another person who has been "woo-ed" by him. I've still got my guard up, and it's not coming down.
I totally hear you on the paragraph about getting things done while the baby is asleep. I do the same thing you do. Why do we do it?
Lois is just so dang cute. These pictures of her are beautiful. I can see why the two of you are so swept away by her!
I can't wait until Magdalena can sit up by herself. She's almost there!! You're right - it makes such a huge difference.
Making my own Obama poster helped me feel better about it all. It might help you, too. :)
I totslly agree with you on getting ready in the morning. I have NO motivation. It takes too long and most likely I won't like the result of my hair soooo what's the point? In fact my motivation to do most things productive is gone.
Oh, I don't know about the weather part--when I saw a man fall flat on his face and slide, on his stomach, down an ice-covered sidewalk on a hill, I thought it looked kind of fun...NOT!
Hey, remember when it was cool to say "NOT!"? I tell you, Lili, I'm gonna bring it back...which falls in nicely with my resolution to resurrect a fanaticism over New Kids on the Block. Oh, Jonathan!
lili girl, I sure miss you. I was just upstairs laughing at Al Gore while I put another sweater on... and don't get me started on Obama-mania- and the great brainwashing experiment.
Chase sits up too now and it is soooooooo much fun to watch him grow and learn new things, yours is a precious little one- I just love when you post her picture : ) Again, my dear, I wish I had a lili here with me, I miss you terribly- thank goodness for blogs!
Thanks for liking our new blog layout! We just can't get enough pictures on there! I feel like I want to put 50 pics on one blog entry, but that would be tedious for the viewers.
I miss you as well! I REALLY REALLY want to come visit you! If it is at all possible, Jen and I have discussed coming down for a few days in February or March (even though neither of us have any money). We will let you know! We seriously want to come SO BAD!
Lils! She is getting so big! I am blown away- she is so beautiful! And I too agree with your thoughts on a... "America 2009" I had Mike read your post because he daily says the same things to me and he also is 100% convinced that we are moving to warmer weather ASAP- no joke and our first choice ARIZONA! And lastly, I need your phone #. Apparently I have an old #. I have asked Korto numerous times to give me your new # and she hasn't. Maybe I should go directly to you?? (DERR!) I want to talk baby and dia stuff with you. Call me or text me your number so that i will have it in writing. Love you. Glad you are doing well.
She really is so so so cute. I love her little grin. Yay for teeth! Watch your fingers. :)
i am with you on the whole hot v. cold thing. i would SO rather be hot than cold. being too cold hurts, being too hot is just annoying.
and no sympathy from your doctor husband for the shot? man oh man!
i am sorry, i think tetanus shots are from the devil.
I laughed out loud with your #7 comment and the "oh crap" line!! It's so true!! I think that everyday! And the insomnia?!? What the heck is that? Add that to the list of things people don't tell you before you have a baby! I miss you! We need to catch up. Luvs! Kel
#4 and #7 - amen, sister!!
Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!
Hey, I saw your comment on the Resident Wives blog and found your blog through your profile. I thought it would be fun to get to know my fellow diabetic buddy better. Email me at tomelissa@gmail.com and I'll send you an invitation to read my blog if you'd like.
Post a Comment