Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a NeW LOoK and some NaTUre!

Jason got off early (this is a miracle, really) on Saturday, so we decided to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful Tucson weather!  We decided to take the tram up to the top of Sabino Canyon and it was fantastic.  I highly recommend doing this at some point if you visit or live in Tucson.  There really is beautiful scenery here in this mountainous desert.

In other news, Lois has been making the funniest scrunchy face lately.  Especially this day up Sabino Canyon, she did it about every five minutes and we couldn't stop laughing.  When we did the same face back at her she would start laughing so hard.  It was great entertainment!

The look.

The beautiful stream that runs down Sabino Canyon - proof that there is water here.  This water comes solely from the snow and rain off of Mount Lemmon.

Oh!  There it is again...

Some more beautiful scenery...

The handsome hubby - I love my sweet family.  :-)

Scrunchy face in all its glory...

...and again...

This was mid-scrunch...looking pretty ticked off, actually.

I'd like a smirk with some squinty eyes on the side, please. 

....and again...

...and again...

The top of Sabino Canyon road - you can hike even higher.  We love the desert.

The tram - our driver was awesome and told us all about plants and history of the canyon.

It was a great activity.  Thanks for getting off early, babe.  Maybe he should try to do that more often?  I think so.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Lol! I love the scrunch! I remember you doing that same face!

just jen said...

my logan does the same face!

i call it pouting though...

what a pretty girl.

Kirsten L said...

I love it! I laughed out loud that's how cute Lois is with that scrunched face! Hopefully she will grow out of it but enjoy it now =)

Kat Clark said...

The squishy face is the best face! Jack used to make it when something smelled bad. Like when Michael had gas! Hahaha! He was always totally busted!

Ashley and Ben said...

I love the face she is making! I bet you just die laughing all day! It reminds me of our freshman year photo shoots with the funny looks we were making...should have thought of this one. It's such a good one! Seriously though,She is so beautiful and growing up so quickly.