My friend Addie and I went rogue, ditched our husbands and took our girls to Disneyland for a few days. What a trip! We were packed to the gills in Addie's car - complete with our little ladies, delicious food, lots of snacks and plenty of DVD's for the girls to watch! We left on Sunday night, which was great since the girls slept most of the way. We arrived in Anaheim at around midnight, checked into our hotel and went to Disneyland on Monday (10/11). Disneyland was packed, but we still had such a fun time being at the "happiest place on earth."
Although it was Lois' first time to visit the magic land, she was still a little too young to be "too excited to sleep" - if you know what I mean - but she still had fun. Some things that Lois loved were riding Dumbo and going on the It's a Small World ride. She also loved the princess performance where all the Disney princesses came out and taught the audience of children how to twirl and curtsy like a true, proper princess!
Things she didn't like too much? Um, what about Pirates of the Caribbean, where mommy quickly learned that underground pirates and spooky music don't exactly suit the likings of a young toddler. Whoops! Poor girl. She spent the entire ride with her face dug into my chest. Perhaps we'll have to try that one again in a few years.
And now, some pictures! YAY!
Here are the girls waiting for the Disneyland shuttle at our hotel. Callie, at age 5, was especially excited about the upcoming events of the day!
We got in trouble for not waiting in line to take a picture in front of the pumpkin Mickey. But we prevailed and still got a shot in before she could kick us out! HA! Take that, LINE lady!
Here they are in front of the princess castle - they were checking out a huge turtle swimming in the mote.
Here's Addie and her girls on the Carousel. I tried to get a good picture of Lois, but I was feeling a little nauseous going around and around. Must be the pregnancy!
WE LOVE DUMBO! My earliest recollection of this ride is when I, as a little six-year-old girl, visited Disneyland for the first time and we were forced to wait 2.5 hours to ride Dumbo because Preston (my little brother) just had to ride it. It was, after all, his favorite movie. Thankfully, there was not a 2.5 hours wait this time around, and Lois was in heaven flying the friendly skies.
Isn't this so precious? Avery and Lois are two peas in a pod. Unless they are fighting over a toy. Oh, the fickleness of toddlerhood!
Can you see Lois twirling up front? My favorite thing about this while thing was that she just pushed her way right up to the front and didn't think twice about it! She focused on her princesses, found her way to the front and proceeded to mimic everything they did. She makes me laugh. And she's really cute.
Nothing like some Mary Poppins to brighten your day! As Lois likes to call it, "Pop Pop!" I thought it was hilarious that Mary did not have a microphone. She must have the looks but not the voice to match. No one can beat Julie Andrews.
Waiting for the fireworks to start...Lois was not too happy about it, either. I think she was just a little beyond worn out and had some severe mood swings. That wasn't so awesome. But she did get a collection of Princesses - so that helped a little.
The nice man from Utah whom we asked to take our picture forgot to include Callie in his photog skills (she's down by Addie's arm) - Too bad, huh? It could have been a good one.
After the fireworks, we bid Mickey farewell and we headed back to the hotel.
We slept in on Tuesday, packed up the car and headed home around noon. Thanks for the fun trip, girls! Wanna join us next time?
And that, my friends, is how you do Disneyland in a flash!
5 comments:
2 thoughts:
1) Disney is always a good idea!
2) PREGNANT!?!?! YEA!!!!
Such good times! I am glad I got to see ya on your birthday, and that you came on my whirl wind trip to Disney Land. Your the best.
Okay so I stand by my what I said about you guys being crazy but I also kinda, really, totally, wish I had gone with you guys. :( The answer is YES, I do want to come with you guys next time! If there is a next time...
Sooooo fun!!! Disneyland is seriously such a magical place. It looks like the kids had tons of fun.... and the moms too!!!!
Oh Lils- Lois is getting so big! I can't believe it! I had no idea you were pregs! Congrats! We are taking Audrey to Disneyland next summer and i can't wait! Miss you and hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment