Monday, October 18, 2010

Temporarily Disconnected...

I love the movie What About Bob? - and if you haven't seen it, you should. It's hilarious. There's a part when Bob finds out his doctor is going on vacation for a month and Bob completely falls apart. The doctor informs him that it's only a month and Bob says to himself (and his doctor) to calm himself down that he'll be fine and that they'll just be "temporarily disconnected." Nice, Bob. I feel your pain!

I've been temporarily disconnected from my normal life, which explains my lack of blog activity, lack of a clean house, lack of warm hearty dinners on the table and a lack of motivation for much else then the absolute necessities. Sometimes even showering doesn't make the cut of "absolute necessity." We have high priorities here, you know.

So, most days I feel like this.


Awesome picture, right? I thought so, too! It just seemed to portray exactly how I feel the second I wake up. But it's okay. I'm doing okay and we're surviving. But I have to say, cooking a baby is a pretty tiring ordeal! How come no one ever told me? :)

Anyway, we've been up to a lot over these past few months, so hopefully I can document some of our activities so our posterity and friends know that we have not died, but are just - well, you know - temporarily disconnected.

3 comments:

Annette said...

What about bob is a family favorite. Congratulations on cooking a baby! I was always so tired during pregnancy. Glad you're back.

Courtney said...

Oh can I relate. Hope you're hanging in there with the pregnancy...I know how tough it is being preggo with a toddler! :)

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Um, that's ok. Sometimes showering doesn't make the cut with me either. And I don't have pregnancy or a toddler to blame! Glad to know you're alive and well!