My parents own a cabin in Montana near Yellowstone National Park and Lois and I got the chance to go up and enjoy some time there with my family. We made a trip into the park one of the days, went boating, ate lots of Arrowleaf Ice Cream from town and enjoyed the great company!
About the only pictures I took were the day we went into the park. Remember that huge pit of regret? Anyway, some fun things that did not get photographed: the elk we saw that Lois kept calling horses, a few buffalo, a fun day at the lake and family time around the cabin. You'll have to use your imagination to picture how awesome that all was. And on a side note: I was a bit disappointed in the wildlife non-sightings that day in the park. Three elk and a couple of buffalo? Lame sauce. Wish we could have seen more...
We stopped for a quick little picnic right by a beautiful stream and grassy field. It was a beautiful scene!
A few of the crew wandered down, along with Lois and Stella. They had fun playing in the water. Uncles rock, did you know that? My brother Mack is walking Lois up in the picture below. Thanks, Mack! This tired mama was not about to risk her last bit of energy to walk you down and up that teeny, tiny hill. So pathetic, I know!
Here's the whole group minus the 'rents. Dad's taking the picture and mom was hanging out in the car.
There was just a *slightly* GIGANTIC drop right behind those rocks. I was just a *little* nervous when she wanted to climb the stupid rocks. Thanks to my hero, Preston for saving her from an imminent death even though she was quite unhappy about it. She'll thank him later, I'm sure.
It was really cold that day in the park. Well, cold as in probably 67 degrees. I'm such a lightweight when it comes to feeling cold. A desert rat, I am.
Here's a picture of our cabin - although this picture was taken over two years ago, I think. Just thought it'd add to the ambience of this totally awesome blog post. Did it work?
Here's the little ham - AKA Stella. Every time I got out my camera, she would make some silly face! I can't believe how grown up she is. (This is back at my parents in SLC.)
While I was in Utah, I had the chance to attend the temple with my parents and all of my siblings and their spouses (we really missed Jason!) to celebrate my parents' 34th wedding anniversary. We continued the day of celebration, of course, at a family favorite, Chuck-a-Rama. I think I ate there three times in my month stay in Utah. Seriously, my family loves that place.
It was a great month. After all the festivities, my mom and Mack helped me drive some furniture back to Tucson, including a grand piano! Jason is in heaven playing songs every day and Lois thinks it is pretty awesome, too. Thanks for all your help mom, Mack, Preston and my dad for packing everything up! My house feels like a home because of you guys. Many thanks, indeed. What would I do without family? I love those guys.
I'm hoping to post some picture of the house soon. Maybe if I can get my tired self off the floor, I can put some finishing touches on the place and finally take some pictures! I can do hard things. Like get out of bed. I promise. I'm hoping this tired phase will subside soon. My fingers are crossed!
3 comments:
I love the Hebgen cabin...what I remember of it at least!
My sister-in-law was up in Hebgen the last few days, too, and was also disappointed with the lack of animals...come out from hiding!!
Glad to see you're getting out and having fun with the family. You're not the only one who forgets the camera...I'm notorious for lack of pictures taken, sadly.
Love ya, girlie!
PS Do you think it's a girl or boy?
Yellowstone is the best!
SWEET! I love all your new posts and pictures galore. I'm so excited for all the awesomness in the Wright family right now, even if you did skip out on our ward. Can't wait to see you again soon!
Post a Comment