Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jesperson Reunion

As promised, here are some pictures from the Jesperson Reunion that took place last month. Jason's grandma and her family were in charge of planning it this year and I think they did such a wonderful job! Thank you for all your hard work - grandma, grandpa - and all of Jason's awesome aunts and uncles and cousins! It was such a pleasant time, the food was fabulous and we had such a great time.

Now, if I were functioning on more than one brain cell these days, I would have had more foresight to take a lot more pictures. I'm feeling some serious regret about this. I've officially become a horrible picture taker. The entire month of July seems like a blur, so hopefully these few photos will suffice for our posterity's sake!

Lovin' that semi-smile, Lois. Thanks for the effort.

We were anticipating the "candy cannon" in this picture...so much suspense, right?

Lois found these little baby glasses and insisted she put them on. I could barely hold the camera steady to take this picture because I was laughing so hard. She thought they were totally neat-o. I thought they were pretty fantastic, too. What do you think?

This is the giant slip n' slide they set up every day for about three hours. And it got used the ENTIRE three hours - what a hit! Jason took Lois down and I'm pretty sure she's scarred for life.

Lois and Grandma watching kids and adults alike coming down the huge slide!

Jason's grandparents = total awesomeness. And grandpa is looking so stylin' in his aviator sunglasses! What's really neat is that the Jesperson family lived in Tucson for several years and is the place where Jason's grandma was born. Her father helped build the chapel that we attended for three years and there are still a few Jesperson folk that were laid to rest here, so we've been able to visit their graves. Way to go for some Tucson heritage!

This is right after Lois and Jason took the plunge down the slide. She kept saying, "No again slide, no again slide." Alright. Point taken. She looks like she's about to vomit holding her stomach like that. Poor kid.

Lois did love the boat ride with her daddy. She was a happy camper splashing her hands in the water.

My beautiful mother-in-law and my oh-so-tired self.

Lois was in love with this huge dog. This lady has no fears of big dogs...I was terrified of big dogs when I was a kid. Lois = fearless, unless it comes in the form a huge makeshift slip n' slide.

Lois and Sophia were born only a few weeks apart. They shared some popsicle moments together...

Some of the registration crew - the beautiful Gordon women.

We love family reunions! The last reunion we were able to attend, Jason and I were only engaged. It was nice to be an "official" part of the family this go around. Fun times.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a fun event! And that slide is crazy awesome! Good for Lois for giving it a try. And grandpa's camera contraption - what is that?

Lilianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilianne said...

I'm not really sure what that is, Kathy...I think it's a video camera wheel, which you can use and it takes more steady video, but I'm not sure. It was a fun reunion - now if we could just do a Joy and Alan Busath reunion - that'd be so much fun!

Jason said...

That steering wheel looking thing apparently improves handheld camera work. Less shaky when you've got your hands at 10 and 2.