Friday, October 22, 2010

St. George-a-thon

Over conference weekend, we went to St. George so Jason could run the marathon and rendezvous with my family. It was a whirlwind weekend, but we really had such a blast! Thanks, mama and papa and family for driving down to hang out with us. Family is the best.

The brothers

Phoebe is quite possibly the cutest little rugrat I've ever seen. She's at such a cute age and I just wanted to eat her up. Seriously, look at that face!

Matching jammies never hurt anyone! Look at those grins. These ladies had a ball together. Especially with their adjoining rooms and plenty of beds to jump and play on.

Jason and his two high school buddies (Paul with Jason above, Chris is not pictured) ran the marathon. Jason had to stop at mile 18 because he couldn't stay hydrated, but we are SO proud of him regardless! And I'm just grateful he decided to be smart and stop when he knew he should. While he was super disappointed, we are grateful he's alive and well and that he ran 18 miles. I mean, come on. 18 miles is a lot! I'm praying he'll stick to half marathons from here on out. But I'm sure he'll want to go for it again.

Playing dress up and cheesin' it up.

Nice face, Lois. Did your mom forget to do your hair? Yep, I think she did. Lil' rag-a-muffin.

The three amigas

Not for long...because two boy cousins are scheduled to join the crew in the next six months!

And yes, that's right. We are having a BOY!

7 comments:

The Speres said...

Yay for St George Marathons! 'Cause that means I get to see you and Jason and Lois! It was great to see you and it was wonderful talking to you on the phone the other day. One day, I hope you and Jen and I all live in the same city (better yet, the same neighborhood!), so that we don't have to wait months to see each other!

liz hawkins said...

Congrats on the boy! Congrats on the marathon! When did Lois get so big?? Any chance you'll be home for the holidays? We'd love to see you!!

Camille said...

Congrats on a little boy! Lois's hair is getting so long and pretty. Haley's seems to be taking forever but maybe someday we'll get there.

Courtney said...

Congrats! That's so exciting you're having a boy! Does Lois get what's going on yet? I know my little guy is pretty clueless about the fact that I'm pregnant.

Camille said...

Congratulations!! It's about time you guys get some grandsons on the way. Your little girly's are sooo cute and look like they are the best of friends!

Eevi said...

Yay for Jason and 18 miles! That is impressive and it is impressive that he knew when to stop. I know you will love having a little boy. They can be handful but so lovable and so fun.

Annette said...

Awww, your brothers are so cute. I would not even recognize them on the street, I still picture them as tweens. We were at the St. George marathon that weekend too. It was unbelievably hot! Where were you waiting? I was on the bleachers right at the finish. Wish our paths would have crossed. Such darling children you all have btw. So cute!!!