Well, although it's like WAY late in the game, I thought I should still post some pictures from Halloween! The candy-licious holiday was a hit for our lady Lois, I mean...our little Snow White this year, and I still can't get over how cute she was saying, "Trick or Treat!" And then promptly saying, "Oh, thank you!!" It melted my heart.
A little story about our strong-willed Lois...she had been planning on being a fairy for Halloween for quite some time before the day rolled around. I had bought this darling costume for her from Gymboree, complete with pink polka dot tights and a darling little fairy hair accessory. She seemed really excited about it - until I actually tried to put it on her. Slight problem, right? She kept saying it was "too tight" - because, you know, leotards are form fitting. She was not digging it. But I thought the enticement of candy might help when it came to push or shove. So I didn't worry about it.
Fast forward to the Thursday night before Halloween, Jason and I were out shopping at Savers for some costume wear and I saw a used Snow White costume on the rack for $5.99. Seeing as I'm an absolute genius and a mother of an opinionated child, I snatched it up knowing that she'd love it to dress up in - and here's the big genius moment: IF (insert: WHEN) the fairy costume was a serious no-go, it would give her another option for Halloween festivities.
As soon as Lois saw it, she put it on and refused to even go near her cute little fairy costume. A sad, yet successful moment for mom, but a happy moment for Snow White! If I do say so myself, she made a perfect little Snow White even though she wouldn't let me put the cute little red bow in her hair! Stinker. Anyway, I'm glad that I had that stroke of genius - otherwise I'm sure there would have been many, many tears and tantrums due to a lovely fairy costume. Like I said, I'm a genius. HA! :-)
Jason and I decided to dress up as Dwight and Angela from the sitcom, The Office. Many people "got" our costumes and there were many that were super puzzled. Note to self: Not everyone are The Office fans. Noted.
We attended our Trunk or Treat at our ward on Friday night and Lois had a blast.
Here she is in the jumping castle, which is literally a parent's worst nightmare when your two-year-old daughter is jumping in there with rowdy tweens who don't give a darn about your child's precious head.
I think she was sick of me wanting to take her picture. "Cheese??"
The one and only, Dwight Shrute.
Angela was mourning the loss of her cat Sprinkles, so she wore cat ears in remembrance of her. If you watch the show, you know that Dwight killed her cat. I'm so clever, huh?
Lois in the back of the car for Trunk or Treat-ing.
Oh, gosh. That wig. If only I had a normal sized head...I had to buy a Hannah Montana wig in order for it to fit my head. Almost as horrifying as having to buy GapKid beanies. Sigh.
On Sunday, we carved our pumpkins and Lois had a blast with daddy!
Nice face, Jason! Or should I say, Dr. Jason? He takes his job very seriously.
This was Lois' fifth sucker of the day, which provided an extra enthusiastic CHEEEEEESE!! And blessed be those who came up with SMALL dum-dums. Genius!
Lois' scary face
And of course, she wanted a picture with mommy and her scary face.
On Sunday, we sat in some lawn chairs in front of our house and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Lois got to visit a few houses as well to get some more loot in her purple pumpkin. She was certainly the "belle of the ball."
6 comments:
dum dum's are the best invention ever! i love your costumes! Dwight and Angela, classic, and i also love that you have a small head and had to wear a Hannah Montana wig! so funny! and Lois looks darling in her Snow White dress!
We would have loved your costume--that's awesome! I wish I had to wear GapKid beanies. Hats on me never get close to touching my ears, the darn thing's too big.
We love your costumes!
Remember how our babes will only be weeks apart? I'm just so excited that they'll be in the same grade and everything! And Lois can one day be their babysitter! :) Yipee!
She certainly is the "Belle of the Ball!" So cute!!
She is a perfect Snow White!
That sucker face picture is ADORABLE!!!! I love little miss snow. What a fun Halloween you guys had.
Post a Comment