Eight years ago today...
...I went on a very. long. hiking trip with two friends.
...I swam in beautiful, lush falls.
...I got really sick. And I mean really, really sick.
...I was quickly dying in the Grand Canyon.
...God answered my prayers.
...I was saved by a drunken Indian on a horse in the late hours of the night.
...I was admitted to the ICU.
...I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
...I embarked on a year-long bout with my health.
...my life was spared and changed in a very monumental way.
It's hard to believe that it has been eight years since this episode of my life occurred. Aside from marrying Jason and becoming a mother, it is the most significant and defining event in my life. It taught me about this life and the mission that I must accomplish here. It deepened my love for my Savior and taught me of the depth of His Atonement. It taught me what it means to be a Child of God - that my Heavenly Father really is mindful of me and loves me unconditionally. It taught me patience and long suffering. It taught me of the power of the Priesthood. It deepened my testimony of the restored gospel. It taught me how deeply my family and friends love me and that a positive attitude is triumphant. It taught me that life is good.
So, today I am grateful. I'm grateful for diabetes, because it means that I'm alive. It means that I can be reminded daily of the life lessons I have been taught. And it reminds me that I can do hard things and I can always come out on top. Indeed, I am blessed.
Eight years ago, God allowed me to live! And for that, I am very grateful.
12 comments:
i am grateful too!
Me too, Lil! I'm grateful for that drunk Indian so you can be part of my life!!!
whoa, lilianne, that is pretty powerful stuff! crazy how we are taught to appreciate life in so many different ways.
so glad you came out of blog stalking hiding. we all do it. :) i am the worst. your lois is to die for. look at all that hair! also, it looks like she has the same pair of sassy pants as my caroline, are lois' getting sassier by the day, too?
Love you!
I'm glad you posted this. What a great reminder of Heavenly Father's love. Also shows what an incredible person you are. I admire your faith and love for life.
Ahhhhh Lili... I can't say it enough. You truely are awesome. I just love your love and excitement for life. I love your look on diabetes. I was talking to Chad the other day about how easy you make it look when I know it's not. I'm sure it was/is a hard adjustment, but you are so positive about it. Where most people would be upset if that had happened to them you are grateful it did so you could still be here today. There is soooo much I love about you and you are such a wonderful example to me. Thanks!
Lili, I was just thinking about you today and how you deal with so much. I'm glad things are going well for you and that you bring so much joy to all of us!
I love you.
Me too! Dang, everyone just said that. Well I guess it's okay because it is so true. Don't know what I'd do without you lady. xoxo
Thanks Lili! I totally needed that!
Lilli - Thank you so much for sharing your insight and strength. You are amazing and I'm grateful to know you and your beauitful family! (I hope we can meet Lois someday.)
I loved reading this. I also celebrate a similar anniversary of when i got sick and my life changed forever...and it is also in May. I admire your testimony so much.
Post a Comment