To all the amazing women in my life - I love you! I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day. I hope you feel loved, appreciated and successful in your role as a mother! Because you are appreciated. You are loved. And you are successful!
My mom. She's the Best. Mom. EVER. Obviously I love her because she gave birth to me (sans epidural - now, that's true love) but also for so many more reasons! She is my rock and my confidant and I love her to death. I admire her zest for life, her spunky spirit and her capacity to love. What a woman! I am who i am today because of my mother.
My mother-in-law Jan is one of the most selfless women I have ever met. She's a superstar grandmother and Lois adores her. I admire her greatly and hope she knows how much I love and adore her. Plus, she gave birth to and raised the most amazing man, husband, father and provider. That alone says WONDERS about the mother that she is.
My dad's mom - Grandma Smith - is my only living grandmother. She is a wonderfully angelic woman - sweet, never speaks an unkind word and adores babies! I love that she just loves to hold the babies and you will never see grandma without a baby in her arms. Cute, I know!! She also makes me feel important by always wanting to know what is going on in my life. As a mother of 10 children, a grandmother to nearly 60 grandchildren and a great-grandmother to almost 40 great grandchildren, she's a busy woman! I love you, Grandma!
Grandma Wright - Jason's only living grandma - is a lady full of life and personality! Since the first day I met her, I knew she was a wonder woman and that I'd learn much from her! She is the definition of the "mother hen." She always has a household full of grandchildren and other family members and something delicious on the stove or in the oven for everyone to eat. She is a gatherer and I love that about her. She's full of life and personality and that's the way I like 'em! She has created a legacy of faith and family. I'm grateful for that.
There are two others I'd like to talk about who were very influential women in my life. And I love them. To start, I lost my Grandma Sumsion (my mom's mother) at the young age of six, but my time with her remains among my fondest childhood memories. I wish I could meet her today as I have embarked on motherhood. She was such a fabulous cook & baker, a master seamstress, a good friend to others and always took the time to make people feel important. She always made me feel loved and her house was my favorite place to go - magical and full of surprises. I hope my grandkids will enjoy coming to my place as much as I enjoyed going to hers.
Next is my "grandma great" - my grandma Sumsion's mother. She died when I was a freshman in college at the age of 94. She was a woman of great wisdom and taught me the importance of hard work. I wouldn't describe her as a "refined" woman - she was of pioneer stock and basically wore her life out serving others. I love hearing about stories of her as a little girl and then as a new mother. Her tenacity and hard work were to be admired! I kick myself for not taking full advantage of having my great grandmother alive during my early adulthood. There was so much wisdom waiting for me...and as a freshman in college, i didn't really get it. I mean, her apple pies alone...I could be a pro at making them! But alas, I am not a pro at making them, because I never "got it" to ask her to teach me. But I get it now. As a mother, I wish i could sit down with both of these woman and ask them a million questions and have them teach me all their wonderful skills! It will be a great time getting to know these women better in the life hereafter and it will really be a special time.
AND - I'm grateful for the day Lois was born and I became a mother. What a divine calling and a wonderful opportunity to be a mother to one of Heavenly Father's most precious children! While motherhood has its ups and downs, I wouldn't trade my role as a mother for anything. Motherhood is a blessing - a gift - a privilege. And I'm grateful.
4 comments:
oh lils, what a beautiful post! you are such a fun wonderful person and knowing your mom, who is so fun and amazing, i know why you are the person you are. you are joy. that is what i think of when i think of you and how lucky lois is to have you as a mother! what a joyful life she has ahead of her!
So precious. You look so beautiful in that last shot. Motherhood really does make you glow! Love you lady. For reals!
Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!! What a great thing to be a part of, motherhood. It's definitely a journey that's worth taking.
Lovely tributes. Thanks for sharing about those wonderful women.
Post a Comment