Monday, May 10, 2010

She's All Mine!

Jason got me this lil' beauty for Mother's Day this year. To say that I am excited is an understatement. I've been staring at her all day long admiring how shiny and pretty she is. I have to say, I have the best husband ever. Really, I do.

I thought about making it a HE, but she's just too beautiful to be a man (and it wouldn't be appropriate to have a new boyfriend in the home). So, I think I'll name her Millie. You know you love it.

I have yet to break her in. I think I'll make some cookies since the 21-Day Challenge is coming to a close. Or maybe I'll make some bread. Who knows? If you have any suggestions, please share.

Since it was bought for Mother's Day, I get a free shredder/slicer or a meat grinder. Any of you out there have any advice for me? Which one should I get? I'm thinking I want to get the meat grinder because there is a Busath recipe of Cranberry Salad that I absolutely love that requires a grinder. But the slicer/shredder can do cheese and vegetables - and can shred my carrots for carrot cake! I'm kind of sick of shredding them by hand. Hmmm...decisions, decisions! What do you think?

Hope you had a great Mother's Day. What did your hubbies do for you? Please gush!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they the same price if you buy them separately? Find out and get the more expensive one for free and save up to buy the other one later. KitchenAids, gotta love 'em.

Eevi said...

She is a beauty! I got flowers, pastries and a necklace with two hearts that had Troy's and Saku's name. I had seen this necklace on a blog months ago and mentioned it to Troy, so I was happy to receive it.

Maybe we should have a baking date one of these days:)

Brittany said...

Love the kitchen-aid. I use mine all the time. In fact I dont know how I ever lived without it. It can do so many things. I have both the veg slicer and the grinder and I have only used the grinder. So very easy to use. You can use your paddle to shred meat. I boil the chicken or pork, toss it in there on high speed and in a matter of seconds you meat is finely shredded. No more knife cutting or pulling meat. easy!! My vote is for cookies since that is my favorite. Enjoy it!!

Kathy said...

My thoughts are exactly the same as Amy's.

The Ensign's said...

WOW!!!! She's absolutely gorgeous! What a rockstar husband you've got.

I'd get the slicer/shredder... just cause I'd use it more.

The Wells said...

Amy has a great idea!!

And we love the cranberry salads!We also use the meat grinder to grind the left over Thanksgiving turkey to make a cracker spread. Yummy!!

Nathan said...

She's a beauty. I got one for my last birthday...when I turned 30. Julie started the tradition of getting a kitchenAid on her 30th so I had to comply...or I should say Nathan had to comply. I like Amy's suggestion. If one is more, get that one for free. Either way you could save up for the other. I think I would choose the grinder.

You remind me, my girl needs a name. Maybe black beauty.

Oh! For mother's day I got photoshop Elements 8. And my laptop is too ancient to handle it. Bummer...but, it should work on Nathan's. Can't wait to get going with it...I've been waiting for awhile to get it. Gush!

LOVE your posts! You're so good at writing with personality.

Amanda said...

While I'm a Bosche user myself, I would vote for the shredder/grinder. It is definitely my favorite feature and gets used all of the time.

Sandy said...

I have had mine for 25 years or more and it has never given me any problems. I just wish I had the bigger one now. enjoy

Lindsay Gunnell said...

I have a Bosche too, but this little number is something to behold! By the way, after reading Gigi's recent emails it made me doubly sad to think that we're losing you guys too. I know you'll be in Tucson, but STILL. Maybe we could have a cooking party to initiate your new house and kitchen aid. Also, if you need an Eclipse buddy, let me know!