Friday, April 02, 2010

The Sun is Shining!

...both figuratively and literally! Yep, that's right. We in the Wright household are on the up and up! I went to bed at 9pm last night and got myself a solid nine hours of sleep and that alone can make you feel like a whole new woman! Plus, Lois woke up giggling and happy instead of crying. And that's a good thing! Today is good day. I can feel it in my bones.
And speaking of good things, I bought these gems for Lois the other day - Salt Water Sandals and, I must say, they are a-dorable. What's fun is that I wore these sandals as a child. Every spring, I'd get either a pink or white pair and they'd last me through spring, summer and some of the early fall (and still be looking good!) I bought them online because you can rarely find them in stores anymore. And they are a little more pricey than your average sandals, but I think it is worth it. They will not disappoint. They mold to the foot because they are real leather and they don't rub the skin because they are a soft leather. They can get wet, muddy, sandy or whatever and all you do is just spray them off and they are like new. Like a Timex - they can take lickin' and keep on tickin'. Anyone else out there wear Salt Water Sandals as a child?

Back in the day, they only came in some basic colors like brown, navy, red, pink and white. Now, they come in all sorts of colors, patent leathers and prints. I'm in love! I decided to go with silver for Lois' first pair. They've got some sass but are neutral enough to wear with everything. I have a feeling they will be a yearly purchase from here on out. Go and get a pair for your kids. I promise you'll love them!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

YES! I got those every year when I was a kid, too! I haven't even seen them since I've had kids of my own. I might have to look these up and get some for my girls!

Julie J. said...

I know for a fact that Jason wore some very similar sandals as a child too. Our family had a pair or two that got passed from girl to girl. Classic.

Anonymous said...

Lils! Love the post devoted solely to salt water sandals. And yes I too get a pair every year for the Spring /Summer. Hope you guys are doing well. Love you!

Kali said...

thanks for what looks like a sweet purchase! I will keep my eye on these.

liz hawkins said...

We LOVE salt waters around here!