Happy Birthday, Daddy-O!
Today, my dad turns the big 6-0, and I just wanted to let him know how much I love and appreciate him in my life! My dad has always worked hard for our family and set a good example for us to pattern our lives after. He's always been a worthy Priesthood holder and has lead my family in the path of righteousness. He made a great choice by marrying my awesome mother, and together they raised successful children who love them and love the Lord.
Here's a few things about my dad that I think are way cool. My dad is super-duper smart and is basically a walking dictionary. Go ahead. Ask him. He knows the definition to any word in the English language and has impeccable grammar. He was always correcting us growing up, something I am very grateful for! He's well-read and knows a little bit about everything and a lot of stuff about many topics. I love how he gets riled up about Darwinism and Global Warming and can talk for hours about it. I love that my dad speaks his mind. My dad's one heck of a water skier and snow skier and has quite the adventuresome spirit. Still at age 60, he can out-ski most 20-year-olds. He's brilliant in the subject of law and has spent his life honing those skills throughout the world. He completely fluent in Japanese, meaning that he speaks, writes, reads and understands everything about that language. How cool is that? In addition, he knows quite a bit of Mandarin Chinese and some Spanish. My dad has traveled the world and has a two-inch thick passport to prove it. In fact, he's actually in Japan right now - on his birthday! Gotta love that dedication! And I love that my dad lives "young." He's young at heart and it shows. Simply put, I love my daddy. Always and forever.
Me and my dad when I graduated from BYU

My dad would play the "jumping game" with us and we l-o-v-e-d it. It was our favorite. Definitely some of my fondest memories as a kid.
Dad, I love you! Thank you for being so awesome and for helping me along my way in life. I am grateful to have had you there at all the major milestones of my life thus far and look forward to the many more years ahead of us! Life is good.
So, on this beautiful Veteran's Day, I wish you a very happy birthday! Eat some sushi and enjoy your "second homeland" today. You deserve to have a wonderful day!!
We love you!

3 comments:
WOW, Do you and Lois look like twins with different hair color. I alwasy thought so, but now it is clearly not just a thought.
Who is that Asian lady in the picture at the Grand Canyon?
Kat - she's my mom. Didn't you know I'm half Asian?!? HA! Just kidding!! She was a Japanese foreign exchange student that lived with us for about eight months when I was a kid.
Post a Comment