I love me some of that Earth, Wind and Fire. It's about the most feel-good-about-life music you'll ever hear.
{If you didn't catch my title reference...}
And if you have not heard the song, "September" - you best youtube it right now. It's amazing. And it will make you smile. I promise.
I've always loved the month of September. If our schedules had allowed, I would have chosen September to get married. The air is a little crisper, but not too cold (or too hot if you're here in Arizona). The leaves are starting to change colors. School has started and it's fun to have the new and exciting things happening all around. It's a month that isn't jam packed full of busy holidays. Labor Day is great for boating, picnics and BBQ's. There's just something about it. It's a good month.
Sometime during this September of 2011, Lois, Simon and I had a little photo shoot on my bed. And some of the pictures were cracking me up.
Simon gave some preciously hilarious faces - this one is priceless.
Mr. Dead Pan meets a terrifying ghost! Plus a little double chin never hurts, either.
Man, that's a cute little mug.
And that's a cute mug, too.
Simon, five months and chillin' in the bathtub. (Taken in July)
What is that, Simon? A smile for the camera? It's a miracle.
Simon @ seven months
Simon was channeling his inner "simon cowell" with these sunglasses. I didn't want to burst his bubble by telling him they were super girly. I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.
And September has brought fun changes for Lois.
She graduated to a for-reals big girl bed and she was pretty stoked with her new set up that she did a few knee twirls! SCORE!
I know it's a lot of pink, right? This girl LOVES pink. But don't worry. I've thrown in white, blue and some orange to counterbalance the pink madness.
Lois started preschool with a wonderful lady that lives really close to us. There are six kids in her class and she goes twice a week for a couple hours. She absolutely LOVES it and I can't complain about the few hours of a Lois-free house, shopping trip or visit. I'm so glad she's loving it. She's gotten down her shapes and colors for the most part. We're still working on recognizing numbers and letters.
Lois also started ballet classes. I don't have any pictures of her in her ballet outfits yet, but I promise to add some soon! She's had mixed emotions about it at first but is finally coming around. She shows us all her awesome moves all the time. I'm thinking I'll enroll her in tumbling once she's four.
And Simon is still giving us his "Mr. Dead Pan" faces in September.
And I love this picture of Lois. It is rare to get a "natural" picture of her. She's a wonderfully spunky little lady and we love her to pieces!
What did you do this September?
Do you love September as much as I do?
4 comments:
Cute pictures! Love the dead pan with sun glasses on! So cute!
I love that Earth, Wind and Fire song! I actually posted a youtube video of it on my blog back in September! Funny! September is my month! My birthday...the change of season. Love it! I'm glad you blogged about it...for a few minutes I escaped this winter WONDERLAND!
love you!
I love September too - all the same reasons. I think I'll revisit Sept now you've got us all thinking about it.
Love your cute faces!
Lola and I just youtubed the song and loved it! She looks so stinking cute holding an earbud up to her ear.
Cute pics! I, too, love September. Glad to read a post from you again!
Post a Comment