Saturday, April 11, 2009

Arizona to Utah
Utah to Arizona
Lickity-split.

While Lois is excited to be back jumping in her exersaucer (and in her new jammies, might I add,) we had a fantastic time in Utah with the grandparents, cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncle and great-grandparents!  One week flew by in a flash and we wished we could have stayed longer to see all of our friends!

"I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky!"


First off: General Conference was amazing, as always.  I love to hear the words of our Prophet and Apostles.  And who doesn't like to attend "church" in the comfort of their home AND in their pajamas?  It's the best!  As I get older and understand the world and my part in it a little better, I know that the things that these men speak are true living scripture.  If we take heed to their counsel, I know that the Lord will continue to bless us!  What a blessing the true and living gospel is in my life.   I'm so happy to know that I will be able to teach Lois that she truly is a daughter of a loving and living Heavenly Father and that He has set forth a perfect plan for us to return to His presence - all made possible by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  What a blessing, indeed.  I'm so grateful.

While in Utah, we got to see lots of family - especially on Jason's side!  And like a dope, I didn't take as many pictures as I'd had hoped.  Argh.  Anyway, we were lucky enough to see Nancy who was out helping Dave and Megan after the birth of their third beautiful daughter, Brooke. It was fun to visit with all these beautiful ladies during priesthood!  Kathy, Greg and fam were in Utah to go to a session of conference (they were visiting from San Jose.)  It was great to see them!  And we were lucky enough to Sandy, Bruce and family, too!  We had a fun little party at their house after the first session on Sunday.  (These are all my mother-in-law's sisters!)

Then, we went to the "greats" house to see all the family there (father-in-law's side!) and Lois was loving all the attention from all her adorable girl cousins!  Here's Lois with Annie, Sierra and Sophie!

Grandma Janny with Lois and Sophie
Check out that perfect crawling form...

I love this picture of Lois.  Doesn't it look like she's just about ready to attack Sophie's hair?  

I love this picture of Lois and her grandma!

Hanging out with great grandpa Wright!  And Yes, she pulls herself up to EVERYTHING.  Just a little trick she brought back from Utah!  :-)

Love both of these faces!

Here she is again, enjoying conference and being a big girl!


After some partying with the Wright's, Lois and I got to go to a birthday celebration for my Uncle Chad who just turned 50!  Lookin' good, Chad!

Niece Stella cruising the stairs.  It's pretty hard to get a picture of this little tyke!  She's all over the place and pretty much the cutest munchkin around!  

At this party, all us girls reveled in the fact that we (the girls) are finally outnumbering the BOYS!  With the addition of two new sisters-in-law and two new granddaughters (AND another one on her way in August) we are well on our way to dominating the crowd!  Finally, after lots and lots of years, we're in the majority!  

Beautiful sister-in-law Tandi and Stella devouring her sherbet.

Although they are all looking at the wrong camera, it's a cute shot!  The three curls and their cute mom, Deanna.  AND, Lois devouring her paper.  Mmmm.  
Stella devours sherbet, Lois devours paper.   Hmm. Go figure. 

My cousin Marielle and Lois

Brothers Jordan (L) and Preston (R) with friend Lacey.  I love Lois' face in this picture.  She loves to look at pictures on the camera and it will entertain her for quite a while!

Clara, Cecily, Chloe, Chad and Raleigh.

My handsome daddy and Lois

This was right after we got to Utah.  Lois was loving the free reign on Preston's hair.  What a great uncle!

We had such a great time and are sad that we had to leave, but we needed to get back to keep Jason company!  

AND...
Lois is crawling like a maniac - everywhere!  I'll have to post some video, because it's so awesome.  She's so awesome.
Lois now pulls herself up to everything and is loving her new-found freedom.  She's figured out in the past day to let herself down "gently" - you know, going from standing to sitting position.

I've been telling friends and family that Lois loves to eat everything we give her - feta cheese, any sort of pasta, mashed potatoes, cheese, yogurt - basically everything.

Then I got thinking: This really isn't something I should brag on because really, she LOVES to eat paper.  PAPER!  And seeing that paper tastes terribly, it seems that she'll eat just about everything anyway! 


Thanks to my mom and Jason's mom for the wonderful time!  We can't wait to be back in June when Lois will be ONE YEAR OLD!  Holy smokes.  Times a- flyin'.


5 comments:

Kat Clark said...

She is so beautiful and I can tell she melts everyone's hearts in all of those pictures. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. :)

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

I have yet to see a picture of Lois that isn't completely adorable! My goodness, that girl is photogenic!!!!

Kathy said...

We were so happy to see you. Very lucky on our part. Lois is so much fun - but we expected that with a mom and dad that are just as much fun! Love you guys!

Julie J. said...

It was so fun to see you and Lois. She is as charming as ever. What a friendly girl!
I'm glad to hear you made it back to your husby safe and sound.

LouandAngela said...

My goodness, how she's grown! She's so darling!

I have been out of the blog watching for some time. I always love to check in on you, but it's been some time. I'm sorry to see I missed you in Utah again!

So. . .who's having the girl in August? I guess I'm out of the loop here. How fun to have so many girls in your family now! :)