A Grand Thanksgiving, Indeed!
Nothing makes the holidays great like family. Since Jason didn't have Thanksgiving day off this year, we were lucky enough to have his family come visit us! We (especially me and Lois) were so happy that Grandma & Grandpa Wright and Uncle Nate came to spend time with us since Jason was busy at the hospital most of the time. We ate at around 5:30 pm (so Jason could be there) - so we were all definitely hungry and ready to eat!
I cooked my first turkey this year and it turned out great! Thanks to Williams-Sonoma turkey brine and some delicious turkey herbs, that little bird came out moist and flavorful! I also made sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, made the favorite Sumsion jell-o with cream cheese balls, made banana cream & pumpkin pies and baked homemade rolls! It all turned out delicious. It was fun to host my first Thanksgiving dinner (there's gotta be some right of passage here, don't you think?) and I'm glad I could do it for my awesome in-laws! Thanks for making the trek down here to spend this holiday with us!
Lois is also glad that her Grandpa fixed her crib mobile this she broke with her brute force! It's hanging above her crib once again - and Lois couldn't be happier! Thanks, Grandpa!
Getting some love from her uncle Nate!
Love this picture - both mouths open. You know what they say? Like uncle, like niece!
Fun with Grandma! I think it's a smile!
The family at the Thanksgiving table - except Jason. He's the one taking the picture!
We had a great time! We are so grateful for family and can't wait to spend Christmas with all of you! We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment