Seriously?!???
In our apartment complex there are a ton of dog owners. The grassy areas are usually sprinkled with doggy surprises - which I usually curse as I'm trying to walk across a section of grass to get to my mailbox. I know that for people who actually have children that are old enough to run around go crazy too. Because here in Tucson, grass is definitely a rare commodity and people with kids and people with dogs, I guess, have to duke it out for the space. Monthly, we get "friendly reminders" to clean up after our pets and a $50 fine will be enforced for not doing so. If only they actually enforced this - we might make some progress.
Within our little cove of apartments, we apparently didn't get the memo that dogs are a must because we have dogs on all sides of us. Our next door neighbor to the right has two dogs - a great dane and a weiner dog - both that bark like mad because the man is gone all day long. (I don't even want to know what his apartment looks like - and the fact that he only takes them out once a day for like two minutes each is a bit concerning to me.) The guy to our upper left has a huge black dog, not sure the kind, but he's big. The people below us to the right have a Rottweiler and just got another puppy. The people below us to the left have two Boxers...I'll get back to them in a minute.
And us? Well, we decided to get a human! Yay! Lois is so much better. Maybe I should send a memo out to our neighbors telling them how cool she is.
So yeah. Those people with the two Boxers? Nearly everyday, I go out of our apartment, walk down our stairs and am greeted by nice little surprises by their door...BAGS OF DOGGY DOO-DOO!! I took some pictures on two separate occasions, flabbergasted that they just let it sit out there and collect. I don't think I have to mention that we have a huge dumpster less than 50 feet away from where you see those bags sitting. Seriously, peeps?? Aside from this fact, I find another thing very disturbing about this. Imagine you are out walking your dog(s), the dogs do their business - you clean it up, you would immediately throw it into the nearest trash, right?!? So why, OH WHY, do they bring it back to their apartment just to sit right by their front door to bake in the hot sun and stink?
...Unless they are doing it inside the apartment. You know, pooping. Come to think of it, I have never seen them walk these dogs. I'm suspicious and I think I'm gonna throw up.
Maybe to feel like part of the group, I can start putting Lois' dirty diapers right outside my front door. Or even better, I could just add to their pile.
Can any of you think of any other reasons why they let poop collect outside their door? I'm curious to see what you all think about this disturbing scenario...
3 comments:
The dogs pooping inside the apartment is exactly what I was thinking. We have the same problem. I get so mad when there is poop on our grass because we get the reminders and the threat of a fine. And I have to say that most people are good about it. But there are some poo bandits who either let their dogs out in the middle of the night or really early and don't clean it up. For me, scooping poop is reason #1 to never own a dog. Also our neighbors dog barks all the time. He can hear when we go into our laundry room and starts freaking out. Really! We can't even walk around our own house without geting barked at. You should leave an annonymous note for the poo bandits and let them know you are on to them and their indoor poopers.
I agree. They are lazy dog owners for sure! I think you should put a few dirty diapers outside your apartment.
Isn't apartment living fun??? =)
That is funk nasty! I say add Lois' diapers to the pile just once to see what they do. Add a little smiley face with a marker and then they can't be that mad at you. But you should wait till she is eating solid food and her poop really stinks!
Post a Comment