Thursday, March 13, 2008

SoNoGrAm of Baby Girl Wright!

At our last sonogram a few funny things happened.

1. Our little baby likes to move a lot. At each of her sonograms, she's been completely stretched out, taking every inch of space that is available to her as she spins and kicks inside of me. Anyway, on this particular day, she wasn't too active - which was both nice and frustrating for the technician. She wanted to get a good look at the heart and a few other organs to make sure they were developing right -- and to double-double check to see if she really is a girl (this was at 25 weeks.) Even though we'd had lots of evidence that she was a girl, they wanted to check again. So, as she was trying to push her into a position that she could see, little exhibitionist Wright scooted her bottom right into the field of view! It was hilarious. This was the show she gave us...


Look at this picture as if you are changing a baby's diaper and lifting her legs to lift the diaper underneath her bottom/back - and that's what you are looking at! The little arrow is pointing to her girl parts. Needless to say, it's a girl and she was CLEARLY showing so. :-)

2. It was at 7 am in the morning and for some reason, that seems to be the worst time of day for my nausea recently (which has decided to start up again the past month or so.) As I was laying on the table and the technician was busy looking at the baby, I got more and more nauseous and said, "I'm feeling a little nauseous - but don't worry, I hardly EVER throw up" -- which WAS true up until that moment in time. About two minutes after I said that, I looked over at Jason, began to gag and ran (remind you with my shirt tucked up, jelly all over my stomach) to the bathroom and threw up. It was classic. I'm sure I threw up just because I said that I never did. After I returned, she said that she had enough pictures and we were finished. What a climatic way to end a sonogram!




8 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the butt story. Very cute, she already has a great personality :0)

Lacey said...

lil's i am so excited that you have a blog, i had no idea, and i am even more excited that you are pregnant with a girl.

Kirsten L said...

That is too funny =) She is going to be worth all the trouble! =)
Love you!

The Ensign's said...

Well it's nice knowing that FOR SURE it's a girl. You wont have to return any pink stuff when the baby comes!

Mrs. Misses said...

Congrats! And I'm so glad you're blogging!! This is Allison (Green) Moschetti, btw. I'm so excited for you guys. Hopefully, you will be coming to visit after she's born and we can all get together and share FUN parenting stories!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Usually I really can't see anything in anybody's sonograms - but your little girl's one is crystal clear! : ) haha. So funny! I really like the new look to your blog!

Karen Liu said...

Jason, congrats to you and your wife! What an exciting time for your family! I'm so glad I found you through Katie Riggs' blog. (You probably don't remember me, but I went to high school with you.)

Linsey said...

I found your blog! You're having a girl, double hooray!!