"The East and West have terrible storms...and we, well, we live in paradise." - Chuck George, meteorologist for channel 13, Tucson, AZ.
Chuck, I couldn't say it better. We DO live in paradise. I mean, who can beat perfect 80 degree weather in February? Jason can agree - I've always been a fan of the desert. He often refers to me as his "desert girl" because I love to sit out in the heat of the sun and feel the warmth on my face like lizards do! Being in Arizona has been good for my soul.
I remember as a young girl, I participated in the Suzuki violin camp in St. George. At the ripe age of seven, I fell in love with the landscape, the warmth of the sun, the blue skies and the red rock of the mountains there. After living three years in the East, my love for the desert grew ten-fold, after dealing with cold (and or hot) humid weather, wind chill that brought temperatures below freezing and shade in the summer that brought no relief! I'd repeatedly say, "I just want to live someplace warm and sunny." Needless to say, Jason and I had a general understanding that *eventually* we would settle in a nice, warm, arid and sunny climate. I feel really lucky to live here - because, well, weather is a HUGE factor on my moods. Jason can attest to this fact. Here are some pictures of the mountains in Tucson and some of the sunsets. You just can't beat it!!
2 comments:
Well I'm sooooo glad you started a blog. This is WAY exciting. I love to read peoples blogs!!!!
Glad you love the desert so much. Maybe eventually I see it's beauty, but for know I'd prefer somewhere green and warm if that exsists.
I love your blog! Good job. I think I was at that same Suzuki camp. I went for piano and my sis went for violin. ahhh...those were the days.
Post a Comment