Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Vaseline Saga and more...


I don't know if many of you saw my facebook posts regarding Lois' adventure in rubbing an entire 16oz tub of Vaseline in her hair in the early month of January...but she did.  And it was AWFUL.  She looked like a greasy monkey (or as I coined her Greasy Mae, a name taken from Hunger Games) for an entire month.  AND my bathroom was covered from top to bottom in Vaseline.  It's amazing what a kid can do in ten minutes.  My lesson?  Never trust a quiet child.  

What's lovely is that not more than a month later, (after her hair had finally returned to its normal state)  she squeezed a nice, large dallop of Vaseline on her head AGAIN - after Simon was born.  You know how you have to use lots of that stuff for the circumcision? Well, she found the stash (which was hidden away! That sneaky girl...) and went to town.  And when she came to declare, "LOOK!" ...we've never seen her more proud of herself.  That little stinker!!  Thankfully, the second time around was just a "dallop" rather than a "gallon" of the stuff, so her recovery was much shorter!  Thank goodness!

Here's some pictures of the initial incident.  I wish I had gotten a picture of just the Vaseline and not the subsequent can of corn starch we dumped in her hair, but we were laughing and trying to mitigate damage as quickly as possible to have the camera out.  I'm not joking when I say the Vaseline was literally a 1/2 inch thick covering her head.   It looked like a Vaseline helmet. 

She looks so torn up about it, doesn't she?

SUCKERS!  
(I totally know this is what she was thinking...)

This was our FOURTH treatment of corn starch...
our little old lady Lois.

And her hair still looked like this after it.  Mind you, her hair is completely DRY in this picture.

I told Jason that her hair looked like Mickey Rourke's - if you don't know who he is, google him.  He's got the nastiest, greasiest hair!  He was pretty upset I compared our daughter to a seriously nasty man, but I'm serious when I say - her hair did look that nasty.

It took a total of 7 corn starch "treatments," some good clarifying shampoo, some dish soap and some fine tooth combing to finally get her back to normal.  I've now hidden all ointments - including Desitin, Vaseline and the like.  I hope I'm smarter than her...:-)

And on to other happenings...We went to the zoo on a day Jason had off and had a great time.  Lois was able to get a butterfly painted on her arm and she was pretty excited about it. 


She loves this frog fountain.  We sat and watched her for a good 20 minutes.  Twenty minutes of self entertainment and a close-by bench for tired parents??  Priceless.

She really wanted her picture taken by the parrot.  Gotta love that little grin!

And her I am MUCHO ripe for the pickin'.  

I'm really happy about the fact that I can sleep on my stomach again.  That is, if Simon lets me!  ;-)

3 comments:

Lacey said...

what a nightmare! that is just so funny that she did that! well not funny at the time i am sure, what a little stinker! love the pics of the cornstarch hair.

Kat Clark said...

I cannot believe the granny hair wig!!! It seriously looks FAKE!!! I also am so blown away that she got into again after alllll the hoopla she had to go to the first time. Anyway, thanks for finally showing some pics of the epic event.

thailiz said...

HA, that's so funny - probably not so while you were cleaning it, but a fantastic memory! Wow. You have a lot of patience!