Life in
PERPETUAL MOTION
*This is a really long and somewhat mushy post - consider yourself warned!*
Dear Blog,
I'm sorry I have sorely neglected you over these past few weeks. You see, I have something in my life that never seems to stop. By 6 am she starts and by 8 pm she stops - but after she stops, I face the wake of the little tornado and I wonder to myself, do I really have the energy to restore everything that bizzie izzie has destroyed during the day, let alone blog? Usually, the answer is nope - not so much. Sadly, I just want to vegetate. I really hate that about myself.
If, by chance, I happen to clean up after this motion monster, I swear it is completely undone 1.5 seconds later. Folded laundry? Oops - there it goes! Onto. the. ground. (This is usually happening as I fold the laundry, I might add...Fold. Floor. Okay! Talk about being counterproductive!) And books belong on the bookshelves, right? Not in our house. You see, the second she sees the books on her shelves bizzie izzie comes right behind me and pulls them all off again. She most certainly thinks they belong on the floor. So, is there a point in doing this over and over and over again? Hmmm...sometimes I wonder.
But you know what? I love every second of it. I love HER. To bits and bits. I can't imagine my life without my little tazmanian devil. I love her cute little hands as they pick up everything, exploring the world around her. I love her smile - full of all those chompers! And her infectious laughs. It makes everything worth it. What is it about your child's laugh that is so intoxicating? I am willing to do anything to hear it. And I mean anything - even if it's acting like a crazy woman! I'm totally addicted. I love the way she talks to me and acts like I totally know what she's saying. I love that she scrunches her nose and blows in and out and snorts and thinks she's hilarious when she does it. I love how excited she gets when she sees animals - particularly dogs. I love looking back in my rear view mirror and seeing her cute face smiling back at me. I love when she gives me "loves" and kisses. I love when she does the same to her dolls - it totally melts my heart! I love how when I ask her to say "mommy" - she says, "dad." I love how she walks like Frankenstein (she's been walking for three weeks now!) with determination in her eyes to conquer the world. She's just growing so fast. She's a crazy little bizzie izzie, but she's all ours. And I love her more than life itself! What a lucky mom I am.
So, until further notice, I will have a messy home. But I will be loving every minute of it.
Thanks for enjoying the ride with me.
Love,
The Blogger
And now - pictures from our summer trip 2009!
We drove from Tucson to Salt Lake City and Lois was, yet again, a total champ!
Don't you love how she propped her foot up on the passenger seat? She's so cute.
We saw some fantastic friends on the way - Bryce and Heidi at the Zion Ponderosa Ranch! Thanks for letting us stay with you guys! We had a great time!
The women
We got to see our best friends' baby Drew get blessed. They were in UT from Michigan so we were really lucky our paths crossed in Utah. We love you Nelsons!
The Envoy Crew
Jason and I hadn't been there for over two years. It was great to go back.
We hung out on our deck and Lois adored my cousin's dog - a mini australian sheepdog. Adorable and so, so sweet.
This is one of the best parts about the cabin - the gathering room. We gather, we talk, we read. So nice. However those stairs in the background? Those were the DEATH of me with a newly walking, inquisitive one-year-old. Sheesh!
AND we eat. Lots of yummy food.
We ski - nice form, Rals!
I don't look nearly as cool skiing. This year I decided to forego looking like a drowned rat.
And we act like models.
Preston, did you see your reflection in a spoon?
You should try out for the next Zoolander.
We loved the cabin.
FUN IN THE SUN!
Nothing like watching two toddlers in a pool. It was so entertaining!
Lois loved the balls.
Lois and her gramasita!
Raleigh, Preston and my dad
COUSINS! Lois was in love with Stella. Over the duration of the trip, they became great friends and she'd look for her every morning. We wished we lived closer to them.
SOME WRIGHT TIME
We also spent some time with Jason's family - we had such a great time with them!
We can't wait until August for the big event!
We had a fun Fourth of July picnic and Lois was IN LOVE with Tyra, the Stopa's dog. She kept following her around and feeding her things off of her plate.
I think Tyra liked it, too.
Thrilled by the doggy...
Grandpa Wright's homemade root beer. I'm not so much a fan as it has a strong yeasty taste. Mommy Lili is not a "true" Wright.
thinking...
Yes! A smile. I think she loves it!
She's officially a "true" Wright now. Phew! We can all relax now.
She escaped us and once we realized it, we found her over playing in the doggy water. Lovely.
Daddy and Lois
Before we left for Utah, she only had five teeth...by the time we left, she had 11 broken through! Yowzers. Below is a picture at the end of our trip - can you see the difference? She now has three (almost four) molars and eight teeth!
Patches, my 23-year-old cat, kept Lois company through the window. She loved watching her. Thanks for babysitting, Patches.
We also got to see the Three Curls!
Cecily and Lois -
Aren't they all so beautiful and grown up? I swear Cecily was Lois' age YESTERDAY. This is when I start feeling a little old.
Mommy and Lois
I cut her some bangs since she refuses to keep clips in her hair anymore.
It instantly transformed her into a little girl.
Lois in our hotel room on our way back to Tucson.
I swear she transformed into a little girl overnight. Sigh.
Uncle Preston drove us back to Tucson - thanks buddy! Here he is adoring his new iPhone.
We are so happy we got to spend so much time with our families. Thanks for the wonderful trip, everyone! We are glad to be home and are just trying to keep cool as it is toasty warm down here right now!
And see. I told you it was a REALLY long post. Sorry about that.
3 comments:
Yes it is amazing how our little children can make everything seem worth it. I feel so sleep deprived and sometimes so emotionally unbalanced but when I hold my baby, I know I am blessed immensely. Saku doesn't even do much except to give us accidental "gas" and sleepy smiles and looks around the room when we hold him. Yet we think he is the most amazing thing in the world.
Lois is a cutie. Maybe in 20+ years we can try to arrange a little meeting with Saku and her:) Though it seems that they both have quite the personality so they could make one fiery couple:)
You and your mom look like such close friends! It was fun to see that picture from the Hogle Zoo. We went there a lot when I was a kid--there and Lagoon. Love that place!
Holy cow Lili! Are you sure I just saw Lois a month ago, because in the picture with you and her, she looks 3 years old!! Those bangs really made her grow up!! She is just absolutely adorable and I'm so glad I FINALLY got to meet the both of you!!!
Post a Comment