She's well on her way...
A week from Friday, Lois will be turning one year old. Can you even believe it?
We can't!
Here are some of her milestones:
- She talks to us all the time and is picking up new sounds everyday. Some of her favorite things to do are growl (like a lion or bear), and say "poita, poita, poita..." and is especially chatty in the morning. We have great conversations about what she dreamt about that night and then we read books and she talks and talks about them.
- She has an internal clock that wakes her (and us!) up between five and six in the morning. Folks, this is killing me. Literally. It's brutal. No matter what time we put her to bed, she still wakes up every morning - chirping away in her crib. Gosh, I hope this changes - but I'm thinking she's going to be an early riser for the rest of her life just like my mother! Even blackout shades don't make a difference.
- She's growing in four of her top teeth altogether. Shortly after her first upper tooth broke through, the other three quickly followed. We're glad she's getting teeth!
- She's eating more and more - among her favorites? Yogurt, grapes, blueberries and cheese. I wonder where she got her love for cheese from? Hmmm... (ME!!)
- She's figuring more things out about her environment like how to open cupboards, how to make her toys make noises and how to open and shut doors. She's fascinated with them!
- Her hair is getting really long!
- She loves to hear herself "scream." She'll just sit there and make loud noises because she likes the way it sounds.
- She's OBSESSED with the computer. Whenever we're on it, she wants in. She especially loves to "type" on the keyboard.
- She can stand by herself and is figuring out the whole walking ordeal. She can walk along furniture and I'm pretty sure she'll figure out how to do it soon all by herself. GASP!
- AND...most importantly, she finally started sleeping through the night (consistently) this month. Hallelujah!
She was obviously sick of me taking her picture...
I thought this picture was so cute -
this was right after she got a bit of a fat lip from a little tumble...
And now some videos!
The first one is Lois fascinated with herself.
The second, Lois walking with the help of a little walker borrowed from my friend Addie.
And the third, playing with her dinosaur toy given to her by my friend Gigi.
I love how she always points and wants you to touch her finger.
She's the best and we LOVE her!!
9 comments:
LOVE the videos! What a doll. Don't you wish we loved ourselves that much into adulthood? I almost feel like kissing myself every time I walk by a mirror. (:
We don't know what we're having, but we'll find out very soon!!
She is getting so big and SO beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!
Oh Gosh, she is such a doll!!! I loved her 'sister Flo'...Finding Nemo, in case you couldn't recall. I can't get over how fast babies grow up.
She really is so beautiful and I loved the videos. Yay for Lois turning one! I can't believe she was just about Violet's age when I first met you. Crazy bananas!
I love this post. Really? she is already talking that much? She seems like she has so much personality. I wonder where she gets that from! ;) And I am jealous that she has so much hair. Baby ponder will be bald till she is 2. It is all my fault too.
I would kiss my reflection too if I were that beautiful! She is so grown up.
I can't believe how much of a little girl she is--not a baby anymore! She just has the greatest personality. Thanks for letting me spy on your baby joy.
i can't believe a year has passed...happy birthday lois!
She's beautiful! I love your blog.
Post a Comment