May Happenings...
We're alive! After returning from San Diego, Lois and I came down with some rather nasty colds which turned into an ear infection for Lois and for me, a sinus infection. Among all the fevers, coughs, sniffles and lack of sleep, we are now all better. Thank goodness!!
This was Lois' first time being sick in her life, and I have to say that she handled it like a champ. But the goop! Oh, the goop. SO MUCH GOOP. How does that much stuff come out of that little nose? Needless to say, we went through a lot of Puffs Plus with Lotion (a must-have!) between the two of us. It will be nice when she can actually blow her nose.
In other news, I got released as the primary song leader and was called into our primary presidency as the 2nd counselor. I'm excited for the change in duties, but will miss singing with the little kiddies. When they are interested in singing, they are a lot of fun! This will be my first leadership role in my adult life. Wish me luck!
I've also joined Weight Watchers and joined a gym because I'm ready to get my "sexy" back. For so long, I've felt like a total frump-a-dump...and I'm sick of it! I'm also doing this for health reasons, obviously. I want to have more energy and strength. So if you see me eating a cookie, I give you permission to give me a little razzing. Sometimes a girl just needs a nudge, right? Keep me in line!
And the big news in Lois' life is that she's no longer a two-teeth wonder! At the ripe age of 11.25 months, she cut her THIRD tooth (her upper front tooth) just two days ago. Now, if you remember, she cut her first two at eight months, so she's basically had no teeth to chew food with! So we're excited for the arrival of more teeth (but not excited about the whole crankiness that comes with it) and the fourth is quickly following suit... What's not so nice is the fact that she now grinds her bottom teeth with the little bit of tooth that has grown in and it drives us crazy! Nothing like that horrific sound of teeth grinding! Ugh. I try to intervene as soon as she does it, but it hasn't helped. Hopefully this little practice will stop soon. Lois has also started to throw mini-tantrums. Seriously? She's not even one yet and she has her little moments already! You can see a picture of one of them below.
AND...she can now stand on her own and it is so cute how excited she gets. She has started to walk along furniture and will probably figure out walking here in the next few months.
And now some pictures!
Look at that face...
This is during one of her tantrums. Lovely.
We went to the park the other day and Lois was loving the sand. Don't worry, we washed her hands really good after this.
And here is our unicorn baby. We're kind of in that awkward hair stage. It's really long, but she won't keep clips in it anymore, so usually it just hangs in her face. But I don't really want to cut bangs. What to do?
So, this little doo was my solution to keep her hair out of her snotty, runny nose. After taking a nap with it, it became a hair-horn.
And just because she's cute.
Things we are looking forward to: Trip to Utah in June and in August, Jason's brother is getting married, my brother Mackie is coming home from his mission and we'll be getting a second niece, too! Woo, woo! We are blessed.
7 comments:
NO WAY! Mackie coming home already? That's great! Love that kid. Oh, the tantrums. Got to love the tantrums. I never believed the "girls are just moody" thing, but oh my, is it true when it comes to mine! It used to make me laugh, but now it's just getting annoying. I hope she grows out of it. Oh, and the goopy nose. Yuck! Just wait til it stays for weeks and weeks, and they get the habit of picking their nose. You can hardly blame them for being annoyed with stuff coming out constantly, but how do you stop that one?! It's driving me crazy!!
I have been battling some sort of a sinus infection or maybe just congestion for 2.5 weeks and it's driving me crazy! Good luck with Weight Watchers. I will be joining the "lose those pounds" in few weeks hopefully:)
Hey, do you have any magic ideas for getting the 11-year old boys to sing?! And how long will it be before I stop getting soooooooo nervous for singing time...
No, seriously, good luck in your new calling. Lois is ADORABLE!!!!
I'm the 2nd counselor right now too. Good luck! I hope you love it.
Getting back in shape. . .always such a challenge. I did Weight Watchers a little over 3 years ago (lost 20 pounds and then got pregnant). I think it's the best diet plan out there--moderation in all things. I found something that makes Weight Watchers even easier and lost 36 pounds in 4 months! It's been great! (An organic shake with an appetite suppressant and an appetite suppressant pill--made losing weight so much easier--if you're curious, check out my website www.2785598.myforevergreen.org and click on the link to 03World products).
I hope to see you in June when you're here. Maybe when Mackie comes home. I can't believe it's time already. How exciting!!
Great update! I love the last picture and the first. She really is too dang cute. I can't wait for her to be walking and getting into everything!
Love love her hair...miss you girly girl!
Lili, honestly, we have got to try to coordinate our Utah visits, I really would love to see you and lois. I will be in Utah in July : ( Anyways, maybe the next time we go we will be there at the same time.
Post a Comment