Friday, December 12, 2008

December Happenings...

December has been flying by us here in Tucson.  We are gearing up to head to Utah next week to enjoy the holidays with family and friends.  We're excited to have Christmas off this year, since last year Jason was working all during the holidays.  On a awesome note, Jason took his third and final USMLE medical licensing exam on Wednesday and Thursday!  I'm so proud of him and he's really happy that he will never have to take another USMLE test again!  Way to go, babe!  

Here are some things we've been up to these past few weeks...

I gave Lois her first "haircut" yesterday because her hair kept getting in her eyes.  It's a pretty tough job considering that Lois cannot sit still for more than two seconds.  This picture shows her haircut - basically a quick trimming of her bangs.


Here is Lois hanging out with one of her boyfriends, Benjamin.  Love the face, Lois!


Lois all dolled up to go to church.  Beautiful dress, but I sometimes wonder... a "dry clean only" dress for infants?  That's crazy beans.
I love this face and she loves her stuffed bunny that she got from Jean and Greg Allen.   And that dry clean only dress?  It ended up getting completely soaked with her spit because she found it to be a delicious and irresistible treat all through church!

 
Lois loves my cell phone - she stares at the screen and then eats it!


YUM!  Lois has discovered her toes and eats them every time we are changing her diaper.  The rash on her face is from daddy tickling her neck...a classic case of whisker rash.  



Lois and I love to go visit all the wonderful ladies I work with at Williams-Sonoma.  Here she is with some of her surrogate "aunties" - Emily (above) and Lynn and Liz (L-R bottom).  She loves them and they all adore her!  She's become the WS mascot of sorts...


Here's Lois getting her tri-weekly manicure from mom.  Her nails grow so fast, I can barely keep up!  


I just had to add this one because I love this face!


Lois and her newest and favorite toy from Grandma and Grandpa Wright!  She loves this thing.  And despite the fact that it takes up our entire front room, we love that she enjoys it.  I fear that we're quickly outgrowing our two bedroom apartment...
Pure enjoyment...as shown by her glowing and smiling face!


Lately, we've been finding Lois doing some strange things in her crib after nap time or in the morning.  This day, we found her wedged in the corner of her crib after nap time.  Other times, we find her playing with her toys we've placed in her crib.  We have come in a few times to find that she has turned on her music to her crib mobile.  That's right.  Our baby is a genius!  

 We are looking forward to spending time with our families and friends in Utah.  We also feel especially blessed to have a knowledge of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  What a wonderful time it is to reflect on the life of our Savior and to enjoy the true spirit of Christmas! We love you all and hope you have a wonderful holiday full of love and happiness! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a DOLLLLLL really Lili what a DOLL merry Christmas and we love you!

Kirsten L said...

I love the pics. Lois is so adorable!

Annette said...

Hi Lili! Remember me? Deanna's sister. She told me about you having a blog today, so I thought I'd pop over and read up on you. You sound great! Lois is beautiful! What a fun place to work! I'll have to catch up some more when it's not so late here. Great seeing you. Maybe our paths will cross when we're in Utah next week. If not, tell your family hello for me and Loren!