Saturday, July 09, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lois!

Lois turned 3!  Ever since her big day, she has insisted that she is a "big girl" now and not a baby anymore.  Because babies are like Simon.  It is a wonderful bargaining tool when she is being naughty.

"Lois, do you want to be a big girl or a baby?"
"Oh, only babies do that..."

Works like a charm.
Thanks, birthday #3!

My mom was here with us because she was so sweet to drive us back from Utah.  She's a saint.  And we love her.  

We totally slacked this year on a big party for Big Girl Lois, but since Jason was working on her birthday and she didn't know the difference, we just let it slide and had some cake and opened presents.  I think this is the last year we can get away with no party, so we ran with it.

 Lois loved our rendition of Happy Birthday.

 "Grammasita" got her this huge horse.  She loves it.

 And again, her awesome camera smile!

 And her gift from G&G Wright - she was tearing into that thing!

She was ALL business.

 An awesome book and fairy wings!!

She loves the fairy wings.  She's a fairy just like Tinkerbell, didn't you know?

And to round it off, a Rapunzel doll.  
She really likes Tangled.   Like a lot.

Happy Birthday, Lois!  
We love you and can hardly believe you are THREE!  

4 comments:

The Speres said...

Your daughter is three?? Crazy sauce. I'm loving all these pics of your children but I'm missing you! Get that darling hubby of yours to snap some photos of my beautiful friend!
Happy B-day Lois!!

Martha said...

Lily, I just saw your comment on my blog! How am I not following your blog? Hello! I just added it to my google reader. Good to know you are in the same boat as me. Man. This mom thing. Seriously. And Lois is 3! Wow. She is a doll. Happy Birthday to her! (Love her shirt!)

Kat Clark said...

Happy Birthday Lois!!! I LOVE the camera face. Totally priceless. I'm gonna have to try and find a video that it reminds me of and send it to you. Simon is such a cute little stud. Seriously, could that chin be anymore manly?! He's gonna rival Gaston!!! I love you and your darling family.

Sarah M said...

lily! you are the sweetest person ever! thanks for the blog comment! i hope one day we can rekindle old friendships, too. your blog makes me laugh, you're top notch. our little girls would be fast friends, too.
lois and simon are so cute. you do good work. :)